Used 1995 Chrysler New Yorker Consumer Reviews

$765 - $1,845

Used New Yorker for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

New Yorker Love-Hate Relationaship

Boiler, 05/13/2002
4dr Sedan

We have had our New Yorker for 110,000 of its 138000 miles. We love the roominess, trunk space, and the appearance. We feel that it offers more combined passenger/cargo space than large SUVs and still drives like a car. The big drawback has been reliability. We have replaced the transmmission, sttering parts, and the front axles and wheel bearings. Mechanics tell me to expect transmission #2 to go out in about 40-60000 more miles.

This car is not for you

carfan42, 01/27/2009
4dr Sedan

This car from day one took me through the ringer. The day after a purchased it used from the car lot with 120,000 plus miles on it I hoped I would have good luck. But I soon discovered that that climate control would not shut off, it blew A/C cold but only thru the windshield defrost vents and trying to switch the blowing patened resulted from crazy sounding noise coming from the A/C unit. Next the windshild wipers only worked on high and you had to catch them while in the down position and quickly flip the switch to get them to stay there. The gas mileage stinks and the tape deck did not play at all. Lastly precisely after 2 weeks of owning it the transmission went dead. Shame on Chrysler!

lemon

none of your busines, 12/16/2002
4dr Sedan

this car was purchased by my daughter a couple of years ago. she had about one good year with it. now she is stuck with a car that that's air conditioning doesn't work the transmission has to be a certain temperature before it catches, and the paint job is bad. it is a shame, it was such a pretty car and she was so proud of it, and took such good care of it. she paid a lot of money for this lemon. shame on chrysler for making such a lemon

Excellent Car

Shay, 01/27/2003
4dr Sedan

I have had great experience with this car.

'95 New Yorker

moving right along, 10/30/2003
4dr Sedan

This is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I purchased this vehicle with 68,000 miles, besides for normal maintenance I have had no problems. I am getting ready to turn 150,000 miles. I average about 4,000 miles a month in travel for my job, and this vehicle affords me the room and comfort that I was looking for.