Used 2011 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Used Volt for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Car Snob Humbled by Volt

gtoernie1, 07/16/2011
4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I'm a car nut-- have owned everything from Bentley's to Hondas to Lincolns to Porsches. My partner wanted the Volt, and I was skeptical. I was wrong. After 1500 miles, it is the car we choose for family outings (our other cars are '11 Audi A8 and and a '10 Audi Q7 TDI, both of which we love). Why? The Volt is silent. It is quick. It has fun technology that works! It has a refined manner-- much more refined than our Lexus 400h hybrid was. Most of all-- it is versatile. Knowing there is a gas generator to keep you going after the battery is exhausted on long trips, takes the stress out of trip planning. Full recharge takes only 4 hours, but is unnecessary if it's inconvenient.

Best car I've ever owned

yamahr1, 02/08/2011
4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

The Volt has debuted to a record number of awards for one new car, but also a lot of controversy. If the car had a Toyota badge on it, even Edmunds would be hailing it as the reinvention of the automobile. But alas, many just won't let their old GM baggage go. I say all this because it's been obvious on forums like this that people who likely don't own a Volt are posting intentionally negative reviews to burn it. Like I'd be very suspicious of cornell1 here. As such, I wouldn't believe a clearly hostile review unless the person can prove ownership. For me, just go to the Google Picasa photo site and look me up, yamahr1, where you'll find pics of me getting my car.

The future of the Automobile

jreason, 02/08/2011
4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I have had my Volt for one month and am impressed with this vehicle. It is more refined than I expected. The ride and handling is very good especially for a 3700 lb vehicle. The seats are very comfortable. I like this car so much that I have ordered a second one.

Better than my 540i

slapshot28, 02/09/2011
4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I know the title is saying a lot, but I mean it sincerely. The Volt (VIN 541) is absolutely the best car I've ever driven. It's quick, nimble, stylish, and simply incomparable from a technology standpoint. Electric driving is amazing. From a dead stop, it's the best. And zipping around traffic on the highway is just as good. The Volt's range extender is what makes this a practical primary vehicle--no range anxiety. Most days the car never burns a drop of gasoline (my commute is around 20 miles). But this past weekend, driving two hours and back (about 250 miles) was a piece of cake. I never even stopped for gas! Everyone who has been in my Volt has loved it--especially me!

My Black Volt - #1712

mrrizzo, 03/13/2011
4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

The Volt is my first American car, ever. I currently also have a VW and SAAB. The ride and handling to me are very much like a European vehicle. The Volt is smooth and firm, with some heft to it, but is also comfortable with a compliant ride. It absorbs bumps very well and exceeded my expectations when I test drove it. The acceleration in "normal" mode is adequate. In "sport" mode, it is a blast to drive. The car is also eerily quiet in EV mode. The fit and finish are impressive. This is an extremely well thought out vehicle. The change over to extended mode is absolutely seemless. Other than the display on the dash, there was no way to tell that the gas engine engaged.

12345...6