Used 1997 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Venture for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Booooooooring

Jesse Venture, 03/11/2003
LS 3dr Ext Minivan

Bought my ho-hum minivan after my 3rd child was born. Drives like a cargo van, even the frills aren't anything great. Brakes needed to be done quickly, full, all four. Built by Chevy as a "throw away", I think, since it was relatively inexpensive and the resale value is next to nothing. Don't expect to resell it once you've owned it and make a profit, if not break even!

7 yrs of good exper. w/ 97 Chev Vent Ext

Chevowner, 11/28/2004
LS 3dr Ext Minivan

We bought our 97 Chev Venture Ext LS minivan (2 sliding doors) new and have had an overall very good experience. The 2 problems so far are a check engine light at 75K miles that the dealer reset for $80 (has not come back on yet), and the drivers window switch went out recently & cost $65 to replace. We have 88K miles. It was the quietest and best driving vehicle I have owned so far.

Solid Family Choice--Excellent Economy

Bob, 01/17/2005
LS 3dr Ext Minivan

Very reliable. Only minor maintenance. Excellent mileage for the size. 19 City, 26 Hwy. Tows 2000# well.

Good Buy

A Good Van, 03/13/2003
LS 3dr Ext Minivan

We bought our Venture after having Twins and it was the best purchase we made. This was our first mini-van, but it has held up to a lot of abuse from family trips. Anytime we go anywhere as a family, we take "the Van". It has been very reliable, except for the bad intake manifold gasket, that should be recalled on a number of GM vehicles (there is a petition online regarding this). We have over 75,000 miles on it with very little complaints.

Overrated

micheal laraio, 01/18/2007
3dr Minivan

This has been the worst van I have ever owned. From day one the sliding door has not worked right. The engine light goes on for no reason. The dealership can't fix it. I can't wait to sell it.

12345...7