2017 Chevrolet Trax SUV Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Trax SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trax model:

RUN!!!!!! ZERO STARS
By EB

2017 Chevrolet Trax SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2017 Chevy Trax on 4/26/2017 at Tim Lally in Warrensville Heights, OH. Within the first 24 hours of having the car my touchscreen froze and I wasnt able to bring it back into the dealership because I was out of town due to having surgery. I tried everything and even called the salesman that sold me my car and nothing worked to fix the touchscreen. The next day it would still freeze but not as much. I brought it into the dealership to get repaired. Within 2 month of having the car my driver side lock button wouldn't lock my car doors. I brought the car in again to get repaired which I was given a rental. When I picked up my car it was making weird noises and acting weird when I sat in my car. A service guy took the car for a ride around the block and the noises began to go away. I took my car in to get its second oil change which was around April/May 2018 and I was given a check sheet after was oil change and there was check marks stating my front brakes need immediate attention. I called the dealership regarding the check sheet and was told the service person made a mistake. My car is only a year old and less then 12,000 miles so I shouldn't be experiencing any issues. I began to heard a weird sticking like noise coming from my brakes whenever I press my brakes to stop no matter what kind of street or MPH. I was told the noise should eventually go away and if it proceeds come back in. I am still having the issue with my brakes. I have to travel alot now and I fear for my safety along with anyone else around or in my vehicle because I do not know what may happen next to this car. I brought my car in to get service and was told the brakes are going to make weird noises due to how the brakes were made. I told them I didn't buy the car that way so I am not why I have to keep it with all the issues I been having. The touchscreen also started to freeze again. There was a black plastic sitting on my back floor and I have no idea where its suppose to go. The black rubber on the roof of the vehicle is coming off. The car also make a clicking noise when I turn on the AC. You get what you pay for and I no longer wanted the vehicle. I went into the dealership where I purchased my car and told them of the issue and I was told I would have to put down $5000 or more in order to purchase another vehicle. I was even offer a smaller vehicle then what I currently have right now. I even offered to pay $1000 which I shouldn't have to pay anything. I left the dealership in tears because I no longer want my vehicle. My safety should be a #1 concern. I am now reaching out to GM for assistance because my vehicle is not declared as a Lemon and I am at the point of getting a lawyer and reaching out to the BBB. I wanted to give GM a chance to help. I went into the dealership on multiple occasion and left with no solution because no one was able to speak to me. Also no upper management has reached out to me from Tim Lally or GM. I am disappointed in the vehicle and service. The only thing I liked about the vehicle was the inside stitching and the back seats fold behind the front seats. I was even going to purchase a used equinox that only had 30,000 miles on it and the ABS light was on and they didnt know what was wrong with the vehicle. I will never buy another chevy.

Great Car, Great Dealership Owner- Poor CS
By Kimberly Allison

2017 Chevrolet Trax SUV LS 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My experience with the Bozarth Lone Tree location has been horrible. If it wasn't for the owner I really would have nothing positive to say. To begin, I was sold a car with incorrect mileage info on the title, relutant to clean the car before releasing it to me, no manufacturer manual, problems with service maintenance on issues that existed prior to the purchase. Unbelievably rude and unprofessional behavior. With that stated, the actions of a few overshadow the good works of those who do care about providing excellent customer service and follow thru. I had to complain to the actual owner Ed Bozarth in order to get these problems addressed I was amazed and pleased with the solutions he presented to address these problems. I also appreciate the manager of maintenance and his staff member, Ed for addressing an exterior problem with my car after yet another poor customer service issue erupted. There are good top management within this dealership. It is unfortunate that I had to complain and struggle to be treated as a valued customer and be respected woman. My experience was traumatic, cautioc and trying. I hope no other woman has had to go to such lengths to receive ethical customer service and integrity.

FWD Trax 2017
By C .Harris

2017 Chevrolet Trax SUV LS 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I think it's bullied in reviews, I bought a 2017 Trax new $22000. Marked down to $17000. I have clutchless manual shift /automatic trans, with android auto i get maps nav, no need for on star, voice command on everything, phone system is great, seats are comphy, driver seat raises higher, traction is awesome and FWD is tremendous in all weather, don't need AND, which makes my overall average mpg at 70mph around 37, 14 gal tank only takes $30. To fill and I average 420 miles to a tank,( that's Enid Oklahoma to Dallas tx) one tank. Only bad things I have to say is the LS has no cruise and rear vis. Is tight, but night time his. With standard headlights is awesome, and you sit above dash , the transmission that gets dogged is really quite good, it's not designed to be punched, normal take off is great and turbo kicks in well, it is comparable in takeoff to my Honda sport bike, quick and steady, I left the stoplight in perfect time with a 2017 camero

minor details
By Chaz

2017 Chevrolet Trax SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I live in Rochester NY and we average 100 inches of snow per year, with AWD this vehicle preforms great. Only down side so far, no sun visor extension, not even an option, it's an option that should be offered or better yet standard like on the rest of the Chevys. Because of hood design, wipers cannot be place in the up position. This a problem when we expect ice on the windshield, makes it difficult to clean and replace blades.

2017 Trax, reminds me of my Chevy Tracker
By northwoods711

2017 Chevrolet Trax SUV LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great little SUV, good for commuting and saving gas. The stereo is a fun update from my 2011 Cruze, as well as the transmission being much more responsive and better shifting. It's still a 4 cylinder engine, not a race car, so the acceleration is what it is. I like the interior design of the LT, having test driven the LS, I much prefer the LT. The interior package overall is nice, heated mirrors, tinted rear windows, reverse camera, projection headlights. It's a nice step up from the Cruze I had without sacrificing the gas mileage, and has about the same interior room (including the rear instead of a trunk). I added the cross rails, and a cargo bag, and that is something that I could not do with the Cruze. It's quiet on the road, and I have not had any issues with performance or otherwise. The dealership I purchased from is on top of everything, and makes sure that I keep up with maintenance as needed.