Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

Used Traverse for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Buyer beware!!!!

Alps_112, 09/07/2015
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2011 traverse for 3 years. Once the vehicle hit 50k miles it was downhill from there. I had to invest in a $1400 powering steering rack. I took the vehicle In for what I thought was a minor leak and $1400 later the car still doesn't handle/drive well. I am now starting to have suspension problems. I do not understand how GM can get away with having these vehicles on The road with known problems. I've read hundreds of reviews with people experiencing the same type of issues. Do not waste your money on GM vehicles. What I thought to be a good crossover for my family of 6 turned out to be a nightmare.

Just OK

ripriley, 02/26/2012
LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very disappointed with the MPG. We get 17 MPG combined. Quality is very good. Utility is not as good as our minivan was.

Poor Fuel Mileage

oldturtle1, 01/27/2011
LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a Certified Energy Conservation Driving Instructor and only able to coax out 20.1 mpg on a 600+ mile highway trip on a vehicle that is rated at 23MPG and should get upwards if 24-25 with good driving practices... Calling GM and taking to the dealer provided no relief or answers.

Back to the Drawing Board

Shirley Williams, 09/21/2015
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my "Brand New" 2011 Traverse in July 2011. Between 2013 & 2014, I have had the radio replaced, the back windshield replaced (2X), a back signal bulb, a front bulb, all the switches that control the electric windows, complete set of new tires, and in May of this year, 2015, I had to have a new engine along with a new coil and these items are not part of the number of recalls that have been issued. Now my breaks are squealing when I apply them and my gas needle isn't registering correctly and of course another recall on the automatic lift for the trunk area. I'm so sick of this vehicle and all its issues. Before I purchased my Traverse, I had a used 2002 Dodge Caravan that didn't give me any problems. Had I know buying "NEW" would put me in this predicament, I would have kept my van. At least if something on it needing fixing/replaced, it wouldn't matter so much because it was used. Who would have thought with all this technology that you have so much problems with a supposedly New Vehicle?

Good for the family of 5

tabithaj, 07/03/2013
LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had mine since June, I bought it used with 33k miles on it. Its been amazing, we replaced our Chevy Equinox for the 3rd row and I have to say that I am really happy with it. No problems other than the dealer not fixing the breaks before the car was given to me like they said but I got it from AutoNation so I just took it to another dealer and they did it for free... I think they could have added a few more perks for the car, made the cup holders about an inch back from the AC plug and maybe put a few extra ones in the 2nd and third row but overall its a great car!!!!

12345...12