Used 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer Consumer Reviews

Used Trailblazer for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

2008 Trailblazer

Lynn Douglas, 12/30/2015
LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/3LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought it new, I now have 160,000 miles on it and are heading for Arizona tomorrow. No problems whatsoever. New bat., new tires, new alt., that's it. I have a 18' camper and traveled around the USA. handled great, could use a little more power, but did nicely in the mountains. I have a 4500 lb. boat and we go to Lake Superior, approximately 350 miles, and it handled the job nicely.

Good Truck

fratblazer08, 10/24/2010

Got my 08 Trailblazer used and I've been loving it ever since. Has a plenty of power for a pretty large SUV, yet also gets around 19mpg if driven for optimal fuel economy. Drives perfectly smooth and handles really well for an SUV, the only thing is that the sway bars are VERY stiff, so going over a speed bump at an angle is going to shake you pretty bad. Handles well off road, can hold its own just fine even with 2wd. I preferred almost everything about the Trailblazer when I compared to all the other SUVs of its caliber on the market.

Great Vehicle

kimba727, 02/13/2011

Leased 1Lt w/4x4-- 1 yr into owning the vehicle moved cross country--happy with performance and ride. It was a comfortable vehicle and has great turning radius for getting in and out of parking spaces. Even my hubby liked the turning and handling. I was involved in a 3 car crash-rear ended by a earlier model TB and had minimal damage-new rear bumper and lift gate. This vehicle held up. My lease is up and cant buy it--so will turn it in- It will be missed and down the road I will keep checking to see if I cant pickup the same model. It was great in the snow or any elements. Always felt safe and comfortable.

Love my TrailBlazer!

New chevyowner, 01/06/2009

After being a 25 year Ford customer and having a dismal experience with my last Explorer, I decided to make the switch to a Chevy. Wow what a difference, I should have done it years ago. The TrailBlazer is as beautiful as the Explorer, with a much smoother ride. I can't feel every little crack in the road like with the Explorer, the transmission is superb with none of the problems I experienced from day one with the horrible Explorer transmission (so far, I haven't had it long). Chevy offers the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty which tells me that they put alot of confidence in their product.

Nice car at a good deal

Meyers, 07/14/2010

I bought my Trailblazer mostly for towing my toys around. It does this very well. It doesn't get much mileage as I have 2 beater cars that I drive on a daily basis. I get anywhere from 15 to 17 MPG in the city and around 21 on open highways. I have been a Ford guy through and through, but when it came to this purchase, I couldn't pass it up. For the price and features, it beat all Explorers that I looked at. Don't get me wrong, if I were buying brand new, it would be Ford all day, just on principle, but I was looking at getting the biggest bang for my buck on this purchase.

Love mine!

L. Reeve, 06/22/2010

Bought my 2008 in 2008. Have 40K mi. on it now. (3 road trips). Pulls my travel trailer like it's not there and I get over 18 mpg. while pulling it! I get 19.8 in town. I have had no issues with it at all except a rattle where the sun roof is. One road trip was long and it was extremely comfortable. I have three Boxers and they all fit comfortably in the rear. No mechanical problems whatsoever. Sorry they aren't still making them!

Trailblazer Blazes

Jenny, 01/04/2010

Purchased our TB as a demo w/ 500 miles, great deal, great car! Drives and handles very well, much better than the Fords my family has owned. Has great space for our two carseats in the backseat and a smaller or thinner person in the middle when necessary. Cargo space is perfect, can fit strollers & groceries with room to spare. Easy to find and operate controls, love the electric seat adj as husband & I are 1 ft diff in height, can easily adj to our needs. Have had no problems whatsoever with routine maintenance. Gas mileage is as expected for an SUV. OnStar is a major bonus, especially when you have kids. Travels well for short & long distances - would definitely purchase again!

nice ride

steve, 02/18/2010

love the car great in snow... would buy again

Great Truck

one great truck, 10/12/2010

It has been a very reliable and powerful vehicle. It still turns more heads than a crossover. It is comfortable on long trips and has the power of a V8. The dashboard and radio could use a little updating.

Trailblazer Still Stacks Up

JEM77, 03/02/2010

Think about price and reliability and you'll find the Trailblazer LT really holds up. This is my second and it has plenty of power, comfort, and a price point that allows for many extras including a factory sunroof. It goes anywhere and I never have had an issue with it. The 4WD is an option as well, I live in FL so no need. The critics ratings are often harsh because it's been around a while and not cache, but note owner ratings, owners love the car.

12345...7