Used 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer Consumer Reviews

Used Trailblazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Too Much Gas!

Too much gas!, 06/28/2010

I love everything about this car EXCEPT the horrible gas mileage. I only get about 13 mpg! I have taken it in and they say that nothing is wrong and that Trailblazer's are gas hogs. It costs $65 to fill up my tank and if I am lucky I get 300 miles. We have tried high performance oil, but that didn't seem to help much. I enjoy the smooth ride and the power of the engine but it sucks both the oil and your wallet dry! We bought it with 17 mpg in town advertised BUT I have never gotten anywhere close, so we feel like we were ripped off. I have only put 10,000 miles on it and drive average. It handles well in rain and snow when the 4 x 4 kicks in.

Love My Trailblazer

Red1, 06/19/2008

I traded my '05 Equinox for my '08 Trailblazer. It has great pick up and a very comfortable ride.I like the interior styling. The controls are all easy to use. The steering wheel controls were a little confusing at first but I got the hang of it. My 3LT has a lot of nice features, sunroof, Bose Radio w/6 cd changer, blk leather seats with warmers (needed for Chicago winters), recall seating using key remotes. The list goes on. Gas mileage same as Equinox more or less. Right now I am averaging 17.3 in the city (must be the lack of summer traffic).

Big Fun With a Price

drwooly, 07/01/2008

Now, on 07-01-08, kind of an update, because I've always felt like initial purchase is like lust, but keeping for a while is long-term love. MPG has leveled at 15 town/road, and drops to 11 if towing.Where's the six-speed A/T? Ride has degraded some because of low- profile tires, but still fun. Obviously, GM engineers don't expect anyone w/ this vehicle to tow anything because of the brain-dead design for electrical connections is impossible to use w/o altering /cutting some plastic. Just for fun, entered a car show we were playing music for, and walked away with a Top 25 medal for newer models. Didn't expect that! Still fun, still drinks gas like Foster Brooks, very nice!

Still great

darren, 08/06/2008

Great power, ride, fuel economy better than expected, all the safety features, the quality is awsome! Better than any Toyota I've ever owned. Will buy my wife an 09

Wow

Kimberly Heck, 08/17/2008

I love this vehicle. I have problems with low back pain and seats are a great fit for me. This car drives like a dream with tight ride, a little softer than a Mercedes. I managed to get this car with the 5.3 engine and I am very impressed with the performance and I have no problems merging into busy Dallas traffic. The turning radius is amazing and can easily manage any U-turn or parking lot space. I know the the fuel economy could be better but I can't complain because I knew that when I bought the vehicle.

SS TB Rocks!

DCC, 09/05/2008

After owning 2 Corvettes but needing a truck, this is a great way to go. Gas mileage could be much better if Chevy junked the 4-speed transmission for a five or 6-speed. Other than that, it's a blast to drive. This truck gets a lot of looks and is nicer looking (inside and out) than the SRT Jeep I was looking at.

Great SUV

stephanie, 09/25/2008

I drove Jeeps for years. I am so glad I made the switch to my TrailBlazer. I can only say great things about it! Would recomend it to anyone looking for a midsize suv! We have plenty power to tow our camper and boat. Better gas mileage than expected!

Impressive

Wvasko, 10/11/2008

Saw it, liked it, drove it, bought it. It was a great experience. The ride is smooth, acceleration good for nice sized rig and 6 cylinders. Exceptionally comfortable easy, to load groceries etc. Easy to get into and exit. Some don't like the seat belts, I do as they are lower than most and not across neck. We have been averaging 18.5 mpg. I was very impressed going over the bumps etc.

Built Like An Anvil

Youngturk, 11/28/2008

This is my second Trailblazer. I had my first for three years without one single problem. And although some people might think the styling is a bit dated, it's unpretentious, and as functional and reliable a vehicle as you could ask for. Comfortable and fun to drive. And the inline six is bulletproof. This is one solid, well-built vehicle.

TrailBlazer Fan

TrailblazerFan, 11/26/2008

Drive the rest. The TrailBlazer is comfortable, powerful, roomy, handles fairly well, tows a lot, has all the gadgets. This is my second and I wasn't prepared to spend $5-10 grand more for a car with slightly better handling. These cars are bulletproof and in '06-'08 all the kinks have been worked out of this proven truckster. Rides smooth. Drive one and see for yourself. 100K trans and for around a grand get a 100K bumper-bumper and you are good to go. Buy American, save a family!

12345...7