Used 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer Consumer Reviews

Used Trailblazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

I love it

TY L., 04/21/2009

I love it. Drives awesome, looks even better. There's not a lot of them around where i live so its awesome being next to the tuner guys and give em hell. The ride is very smooth. Everything is straight forward. Fuel economy is something everyone seems to have an CON for but what do you expect out of an SUV with a corvette engine in it. Id recommend anyone that needs the room of the SUV but the fun of a sports car to buy it and never look back.

TB5.3v8

Nick Ricc, 06/21/2009

First TB was 02, and didn't like 4.2. Was traded for 04 Tahoe that was great, but I was offered special incentives to trade on a 08TB 5.3, and have enjoyed it ever since. MPG average is about 18.2 and seems to improve with middle grade 89.

Interior and features

Ron Adkins, 02/07/2010

Lumbar support knob came off in hand. Very poor indeed. Cable cover by mirror also fell off. Styling has a lot to be desired. Sound system very poor. Locking system locks you out if you leave key in ignition, very frustrating.

Very Sad

sosad, 05/12/2010

In the first year my 2008 TrailBlazer has had the rack and pinion, steering column, sircoil, stabilitrack, airbags, foam insulators, window regulator, left rear shock, five new brake boosters and 1 master cylinder all replaced after failing. Gm paid to have them replaced under warranty. My car is a lemon I wanted a buy back. They have been terrible and are just allowing me to have these newly replaced items warranted with extension. Gm has made me so so sad.

Hit the Trail-blazer

Larry Holder, 03/23/2017
LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had good thoughts about this vehicle. It's my first "SUV", I am VERY pleased with the package it comes with, I'm into gadgets, Sirius, Bose,wheels, I'm not really into leather, especially black, it's too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter. The only things missing on mine is a sun roof, and automatic start feature. Mine when running about 40 mph., acts like it's being pulled in the opposite direction, or tugged. The dealership hasn't a clue. Overall a good vehicle....so far. Really surprised it has all, and more, than my 1996 Cadillac DeVille DeElegance did. Since my last review I have noticed it does use quite a bit more fuel than I'm accustomed to, more so than the V8s I've owned. I knew this was true with the other V6s I've owned, but I thought things would be different with a newer model, and better fuel technology.

Well worth the $$$

Dick, 10/04/2019
LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this 4wd vehicle 10 1/2 years since purchasing used with 13,600 miles on it. Never an issue with the drivetrain or engine. Tough- I tow a 5,500lb boat with plenty of power in the 4.2L engine as long as you do as the manual says - tow in D3. Easy 2wd to three choices of 4wd (auto, high,low) work without any issues. I live in the north with the heaviest amount of road salt in the USA - Salt City, NY aka Syracuse, and have no visible rust on the body. It has never been parked in my garage. Not saying vehicle doesn't have some issues time to time but they are manageable and common with any vehicle. No vehicle is bug free and some are made during lunch hour. I certainly have gotten my money worth after being very hesitant about buying one. Repair shop I use says they have a number of these come in with 200,000 miles plus on them and are impressed with the fact that frame, drivetrain and body has held up so well compared to other SUV makes.

Worst Vehicle I Ever Owned

David Binder, 04/24/2009

The stabilitrack light comes on and the dealers can not find a problem. The vehicle once would not move when that light came on. We finally used Onstar to capture the error code but the dealerships we took it to could not identify the problem. The windows are slow to go up and are noisy.

It's a bully!

Janet Hale, 06/04/2017
LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/3LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Awesome vehicle. Drives through anything! Highly recommend. Nothing safer in my opinion.

Sad to see the TrailBlazer leave

This is worth a look, 06/06/2010

After the 2009 Model year GM has discontinued the TrailBlazer and has replaced with with the new Equinox. I test drove a new Equinox last week and was VERY unhappy with it. The vehicle had no power (even with the V6) and the gas mileage was a far cry from what they had claimed. I have had an 04 Trailblazer which was just traded in on a 2010 Acadia and I still have my 2008 Trailblazer. Just can't part with her. There is just something about the exterior look of the LT and the strong acceleration that really sold me. I plan on keeping it until the doors fall off! 45K and not a single problem yet!

No room it the back

Kaye, 02/25/2009

This has always been a dream vehicle until we bought it. The vehicle is very comfortable except the backseat which is very uncomfortable and no room. There is no extras it is only basic inside.

12345...7