Used 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer Consumer Reviews

Used Trailblazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Enjoy every moment of the drive!

thesubwaypushe, 04/14/2013

It took me about two seconds into the test drive to turn to my friend in the back seat and yell, "This is my truck!" And I didn't care that the salesperson heard me. That's how excited I was as I settled into the bolstered leather seats and hit the accelerator. Then after a mile or so, I realized this was a very special truck. It drives like a sports car and truly tugs at your soul when it hits you with that attractive engine note. Going out to the winding curves of Long Island or the hilly moutains in the country is such a treat. It feels like a true muscle CAR of yesteryear, is extremely comfortable, and looks great as well. Vroooooom!!! Chris Thomasel

Not sure I want another Chevrolet

cottonqueen, 02/24/2009

After owning a 2002 TrailBlazer, decided to get a new one. Boy was that a mistake. I loved it for the first 2 1/2 months. Then the stabilization light came on, got it fixed then check engine light came on. The nightmare begins, took in 12/27/08 and as of this date 2/24/09 I still have not gotten it fixed. They cannot get a torque converter. They say that is my problem. If they cannot get that part, what is to say they can get any other part that breaks! I am begining to hate Chevy. Paying for something, I cannot drive!

Nice SUV

Bruce, 10/21/2007

This is a fun SUV. Not to be mistaken for a real off road SUV. The fuel mileage is better than the manufacturer says, I'm getting 16.57 mpg. I am looking forward to increasing the horsepower. If you are looking forward to a fun SUV with horsepower this is the SUV for you.

Worse car I could have purchased

Gentletouch, 10/29/2009

I purchased my TB new with 21 miles on it. Two months later my computers went out. I blew the horn and the car died. Took a week for the dealership to figure what was actually wrong with the truck, and took another week and a half to fix it. I have a funny noisy from the wheels now when I back up. Dealer said it was rocks and it would go away, but it didn’t. The stabilitrack light comes on all the time for no reason. When I went to trade the TB in the value on it is next to nothing. I wouldn’t recommend this care to anybody.

I Dig It

Dave, 01/30/2010

I get a little over 16 mpg average with fairly aggressive driving. I can't complain for what I get. Suspension was too stiff so I softened a little. Perfect now. VERY fun to drive. Its my work truck. People always asking what the heck it is-- SS's are rare around here.

Nice SUV

Joe, 05/07/2008

We traded in a 2005 Saturn Vue because of our growing family. It is more comfortable, quieter, than the Vue. The Vue was much faster due to the Honda V6 that it had, and it was better on gas. For being rwd, the TrailBlazer did great in the snowy season we had in Detroit Michigan. We never got stuck, or slid off the road. We average 15mpg in the city, and 20mpg on the high way.

High-Tech ... But Still Some 'Retro'!

tknrg, 05/19/2008

The "TBSS Experience" is as close as you're going to come today to getting a true sense of the good old glory days of the historic "Chevy SS" muscle cars of the '60s and early '70s! This vehicle not only recreates the feeling of the "SS power cruisers" of the past - - but it has handling, ride, comfort, and convenience features that go well beyond most vehicles (car, SUV, or truck) on the road today, especially in its price-range. This is an all- around, truly fine, American-made, limited production vehicle! Pretty spectacular all-around!

Bad bad purchase

Hauppauge, NY, 09/25/2007

Dont even consider buying this vehicle... Nothing but problems.... Front linkage constantly loosening. Brake rotors wearing unevenly. IGNITION PROBLEMS...whew!!!! Blower Motor Vibrates very loudly Tires wear unevenly. Smithtown Chevy....horrible dealer. Ripoff Salesmen, and Service manager is a tyrant.... no satisfaction, they only fix what they want too... beware REAL GAS MILEAGE ONLY 13 MPG...... HIGHWAY MPG=14MPG CITY MPG = 13MPG

Do not buy this to tow anything

john davis, 08/27/2010

I purchased 2008 SUV 2 weeks ago. I read reviews. GM's claims were that this car would tow 5200 lbs and up depending on rear end. My boat and trailer weigh 3600. Now to tow on flat interstate highway it will not tow in fourth at all at speed limit without dropping to 3rd gear and 2nd gear on an incline. We contacted gm. They said there was nothing wrong and to tow in third gear 1300 miles to Florida down and 1300 back even though 2 states are mountain states and it would be in 2nd gear at least 1/2 of the time. This is very hard on whole drive train and would diminish the life of vehicle. Their 4.2 6 cyl. is rated at 291 hp at 6500 rpm but max rpm is 4500 how can you research like that just sick

Chevy's SS package does it again!

SS Man, 02/15/2008

For all you SS lovers out there, Chevy finally answered back! This SUV has it all... power, suspension, body style and all the options you need cruising at 100mph. I've had no problems with the windows rolling-up at high speeds (like another review I read) and the new 4 speed transmission allows a lot more than torque than any 5 or 6 speed can handle. I own a 2002 Camaro SS with a 6-speed manual transmission and could've only prayed for a 4-speed manual! Less shifting.... more driving! If you like stlye, comfort, power and most importantly SS packages buy this SUV now before there all gone. I recommend the the Black Granite Metallic for paint.

12345...7