Used 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Consumer Reviews

Used Trailblazer for Sale
Select your model:
12345...61

Pros
Cons

Trailblazer

jessie27, 06/02/2011
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE this car. I got it in 2007 when it was 3 years old and it is now 7 years old. I have never had to take it in for major repairs (only oil changes and tune ups) It has never once stalled on me. It has 72,000 miles. It gets about 20 mpg on the highway and about 15 in town. The seats are for the most part comfortable only when you go on long trips do they become slightly uncomfortable. The interior design is pretty simple, I don't need fancy. I love the exterior color as well it is a really deep blue metallic with a gold pinstripe. I have got a lot of compliments on the car. It rides nice and I love driving it. It is great off road too. I love it and would highly recommend it to you.

Avoid if buying used

bigappel85, 07/31/2014
LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a used trailblazer with 80,000 miles and it has been a nightmare every since seem like something major breaks on it every month. I have replaced every sensor the onstar computer failed which killed the battery everyday. 4x4 works when it feels like it and have replaced every suspension part on it, Have replaced the passanger seat belt twice after it keeps locking up. Paint clear coat is coming off too. Wish I would have kept my 96 jeep grand cherokee.

Why no recalls from GM

Solid 7 rating, 10/25/2010
LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my TB (32,000 miles) used with manufacture warranty and a good dealership to stand behind it. The original owner was from Pennsylvania which has rough winter weather. Spare tire mechanism was frozen,dealership replaced for free. Tb ran great with no major repairs until aug/nov/dec 2009- replace headlight assy $370 because the adjuster for the light bulb was broken, $350 to replace inst panel because the speedometer stopped functioning, $25 replace gas cap, replace left u-joint, sway joints, sway bar in front $800, first set of brakes&rotors since my ownership $400 back & front. Overall I'm pleased with it's performance. GM should've put recalls out for headlight &inst panel.

Buyer beware!!

khaigh, 03/19/2011
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in my Subaru Outback with 300,000 miles for a brand new 2004 trailblazer. As soon as it was driven off the lot the truck stalled and the dealership said nothing was wrong. This problem continued. My husband, being a mechanic, found the problem that Chevy would not pay for...a bad air pump. We sunk over 8,000 into this truck and were stuck with it until 2010, when my husband traded it in for a 2010 Subaru. The truck is a mechanical nightmare. Chevy stopped producing the truck due to the excessive complaints. Also, not a good ride for people with back problems. I am so glad I no longer own this SUV and am so happy I got a Subaru Outback back...which I will never part with again!

Worth it if taken care of.

wells596, 05/15/2014
LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's a good truck if it's taken care of. I bought the truck from a friend that's owned it since brand new in 2004 he got lazy with the oil changes and it ended up blowing a crank seal which blew the motor. He had me put a motor in it then I bought and it's been running fine ever since. I've had a few problems with it. Transfer case blew up valve cover seals. but all and all it's a good truck. I take it out and beat on it in the trails I jump it haul my 3,000 pound trailer behind it almost every day and it hauls fine. Love it.

12345...61