Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer EXT model:

Great SUV original owner
By Mike

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

As long as you maintain the vehicle it will do you well. The vehicle now has 100K miles and had to only replace the front wheel hub assembly and steering hydraulic. Otherwise just routine maintenance . The seats are very comfortable and well padded, quality leather is supple. Compared to many other cars this car is very comfortable, ergonomic shape and has a smooth ride. I agree the interior quality is subpar but you are essentially paying for the engine and transmission quality. Its a good reliable car designed for family with a spacious 3rd row seating. Fuel economy is decent for the size and weight but not exceptional.

Owned for 8 years!!
By Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Yes bought this car 8 years ago! Great working vechile till it gets to 60,000 miles! Then everything blows and Chevolet doesn't help. They sent a recall to us 2 years after recall. We have almost rebuilt a whole new car by now. I have so much money put into this tb that I can't lose it now. Sad to say. I blew transmission at 111,000, blew water pump ( it took out a brand new belt and without the right tool being rental you can Not fix the belt) now my transfer case has locked up my two front wheels as I was driving with a child. Almost fished tailed and Chevolet told me to take it to get serviced and wouldn't help! Go luck to anyone who buys these trailblazer ( do your research as I have today and you wouldn't touch one with a 100 feet pole)!

great truck
By xprophet

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I felt i needed to post a review. I hear to much about about the trailblazers.

Ive owned hondas, dodge, Toyota. And i have to say ive had more problems with those then i ever did with any GM product.

the trailblazer is top notch. They have plenty of power. lots of room. and very reliable. my trailblazer has never left me on the side of the road. mine has 180k on it now. bought it at 57k miles. nothing to do but the normal maintenance.

The 4x4 does great. handles corners extremely well, despite what Edmunds claims.

If you are think of getting one then do so!

Strong engine 3RD row room. quite ride at any speed reliability

better interior, maybe less cheap platic The MPG should be better for the size

LOVE IT
By d0llyd0lph1n

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love this vehicle - plenty of room for our family of 6.
Other than routine maintenance (oil changes, brakes, tires) our only service issue has been replacing battery and front wheel bearings at 6 year mark.
No complaints here :)
This has been a very versitile and reliable vehicle for us.

Handles great, plenty of room with 3rd row of seats, 2nd & 3rd row of seats all fold down, towing capacity, 2WD/Auto/4WD option, GREAT in the snow, ON-Star, and high American part content/assebled in USA.

Hear the Trailblazer is making a comeback in 2013/2014 overseas - would really like to see it in the US market.

Wouldn't buy another one.
By ajbrumbaugh

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 2006 Trailblazer approximately 3 years ago, so the vehicle would have been 3 years old.
Since that time we have had to replace the switch for the windows because they quit working.
Now the motor acts like it will give out anytime.
The heater fan at a cost of $400, the fuel gauge quit, which is quite the production because they have to drop the whole fuel tank.
Chevrolet does have a recall since they have had this problem often so they will reimburse you for half.
My check engine light comes on every so often along with the "skid" light.
When they decide to they don't go off for awhile.
Now it is rusting on the doors.

I do like the way it handles in the snow. Also I have sat in the very back and they actually designed that part very nicely and it wasn't even cramped. I road back there for 2 hours besides.