Used 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Dog gone car
By Al

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great comfortable car for traveling. Love it. After 3yrs with 28,000, hardly sees the snow or rain, frame rusting terribly!!! Concrete in new garage full of rust spots. GM offered to pay for 1/2 of the repair $500 which would entail removing the body, scraping the rust off, etc. Totally aware the product is defective. We were planning to rustproof Which will not solve the problem, just disguise the issue. Why should we the consumer pay for the defective product? AlrwDy paid over $60,000+!

Great Tahoe
By M Collins

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Reliable and comfortable and looks good doing it.

2015 Tahoe is the best one yet!
By Tom Nesser

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I’ve read a bunch these reviews and had to add my 2 cents worth. I’ve been buying full size Chevy Blazers since 1975, and Tahoe’s since they changed the name. I always buy the new body style within a year of introduction, and keep it until the next one comes out. I traded my 2007 LTZ (which was a great truck for 135,000 miles) for my 2015 LTZ. I thought they’d never top the 07, but the 15 definitely raised the bar again! More power, two more gears, better fuel economy. The acceleration is more than adequate for a 6000 lb vehicle. My 2015 has every option except the power running boards. The magnetic ride control and air ride suspension is amazing, it rides like a luxury car. And I will never go back to standard cruise control since being spoiled by adaptive cruise control. I’ve driven it 75,000 miles to date. Averaged close to 20 mpg over those miles. The power train has been bullet proof. I change the oil with mobil one every 5k miles and run a tank of premium gas once a month or when I’m towing. I changed all the differentials fluids every 50,000 as suggested. I purchased the extended bumper to bumper coverage at 35,000 miles, well worth the $2,000 (since I knew I’d be driving it 6-7 years). That covers me until 115,000 which should last until the 2020 arrives. Had a few issues that have been taken care of quickly by the dealer. Did have the AC fail three years in, but it was fixed in a week. The heated steering wheel failed twice, dealer replaced them no charge. The rear hatch defroster wires broke off a few times, dealer soldered them back on. That happens with every one I’ve ever owned, wish they could figure out a better set up. After the being soldered twice they replaced the rear glass hatch (covered). I replaced the OEM Bridgestone tires early on with Michelin’s. Truck still has the original brake pads! And I do trailer my old car to shows with this Tahoe. The built in trailer brake system works great. This Tahoe tows it easily, although it kills the mpg’s. Love the heated/cooled seats too. I don’t know how they will make the next Tahoe better than this one, but they haven’t let me down yet and it’s been going on for 40 years! Suggestions to GM - Some larger mirrors would be nice! And I did lose my front tow hooks (which I miss) when I opted for adaptive cruise control. Hopefully the next Tahoe will offer both. Making the 6.2 V8 optional would also be nice, and I’m looking forward to the 10 speed automatic, read good reviews on it.

2015 Chevy Tahoe Problems
By Gregg Robbins

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased the 2015 Chevy Tahoe new. 38,000 miles on it now and have owned it 2 1/2 years. Traded a 2000 Chevy Tahoe with 220,000 miles on it that we also purchased new in 2000. Awesome Tahoe, I miss it now. The issues we've experienced since owning the 2015, in order. Steering column popped during steering in parking lots during parking or in town driving. Steering bearing kit replaced. Steering wheel begin to pop again 5 days later. I complained and demanded an entire steering column be replaced. Dealership agreed and it was an all day job replacing it. A year later. Steering is still excellent, no problem. Next, climate control knob broke on front passenger side. Had to use the sync button to control temp until repaired. Next, dash board panel above odometer bubbled up and was replaced. Next, three side panels by the window broke in a car wash, had to endure an 8 hour car drive with whistling noises outside everyone's window. I've read they could fly off into traffic, so I had to tape them all down for the drive. The Tahoe metal body is like a thin beer can. It dents really easily. I've even had acorns drop on it from an oak tree. No kidding, small dents from that. The hood metal is so thin, it flexes up and down rapidly, during highway driving and is very distracting. Next, the Continental tires it comes with are the worst as far as wear goes. They drive nice but wear terrible. We will need new tires at about 45,000 miles. The worst problem yet, the air conditioning no longer works. We've been stuck with driving a hot Chevy Tahoe with no AC for over a week and are told the part will not be in for another 4 days. I read that there is a design flaw on the air conditioning unit. There is no bracket that secures the line coming out of the compressor that produces 350 psi. Every time the compressor kicks on, the tube flexes and over time, will crack and all of the Freon will leak out and destroy the condenser. It only effects 2015 Chevy Tahoes. So it you own a 2015 Chevy Tahoe, you're air conditioner will go out, it is a matter of time. GM will not fix it prior to the failure. They will not issue a recall on it, it is not a safety issue. The condenser is on back order due to the high demand on replacing them on the 2015 Chevy Tahoe, only. Bottom line, I'm not convinced I'm going to make 220,000 miles on this 2015 Chevy Tahoe like I did with my other Tahoe. That 2000 Chevy Tahoe was a tank. This 2015 Chevy Tahoe seems to love going to the dealership repeatedly. Once the extended warranty that I purchased runs out, I'm going to be extremely nervous about what will happen next to this 2015 Chevy Tahoe. Again, it only has 38,000 miles on it and we purchased it new. I'm shaking my head on the idea of that. 65K for a Giant Beer Can that keeps falling apart. What a shame GM.

Gm nightmare
By John

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Terrible throttle response, very annoying. Body moldings falling off. Back hach door leaks, back window leaks. Back wiper does not clean the window. Ac went out. Geared way to high, constantly shifting. Cabin buffering is significant on any slightly rough surface. Raidio went out. Hood flutters when going down highway the metal os so thin. Back hach door dont close tight. Cargo floor is raised and sloped twards the door, when you open the hatch the grocerys fall out . Iv talked with many other owners of this vehicle and its the same story, gm just keeps passifiying you until the warranty is up. These problems all still exist after multiple shop hrs. 2017 is still the same crap. The old tahoe was a proven solid machine. Gm should be ashamed of this thing. No more gm for me.