Used 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Tahoe for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

love it!

bwilly, 01/20/2010
LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I just bought my 2010 Tahoe and couldn't be more pleased. I was originally looking at the expedition but after driving one, was not impressed at all. The tahoe feels more solid and well built, both in and out. The ride is better as well. I particularly enjoy the little electronic additions this truck brings, bluetooth phone link. touchscreen nav, and usb port with full access to the ipod menu architecture. My one complaint is the lack of fold away rear seats. Having to remove seats to haul extra stuff is an inconvenience, but one I will surely get used to quickly. I am overall very pleased with my purchase. Can't rate reliability yet.... In 100 miles of my average driving, am getting 15 mp

Love and hate

danmar, 09/28/2010
LTZ 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second LTZ 4WD. My '07 has some interior flaws (e.g peeling, rattles, loose fits)that has been addressed in the 2010 model. Powertrain is ample and satisfying and reliable as always. Ride is smooth and quite that seems to feel too soft and disconnected to the road at times, then again this is not a sports car. I'm not sure what to think about the third row seat-I like it because it can be removed (it's heavy) and give you more cargo space and maybe save a little on gas for not hauling those extra weight if you don't need them-but they are heavy and awkward-fold flat is much nicer to look at.

J.D. Powers Quality Awards Commercial

JMV51, 06/25/2017
LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Own 2010 Tahoe LT, great truck! Feel extremely safe in it while driving. But all cars are not perfect and neither is this one. About the third and/or the fourth year of ownership the trim details began to show faulty, specifically the side body moldings and the dashboard. Side body moldings began to separate severely from the body on the front passenger side door as well as on the other doors at certain areas on the trim. On the dash, cracks have developed over the driver instrumentation panel as well as an area over the passenger side airbag area. Service managers have told me that they know of these problems, but Chevy hasn't given any directives to correct them. My extended warranty doesn't cover these "defects" because they're considered "trim" which isn't covered! The J.D. Powers commercial on quality doesn't mention how far back that study goes other than those presented in the 30-second ad. I've made temporary repairs on the moldings but can't do anything about the dash. That's the only stuff that's disappointing about owning my Tahoe, quality is not spent on Trim!

Love my Tahoe

Parveen, 08/19/2010
LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Owned an 06 v6 sport 4runner. What junk! Owned a Honda pilot. Could count every piece of plastic from its noise due to road bumps. First time bought a domestic brand. And I am very happy with it. Have driven about 6 times between Chicago and Virginia with in 6 months and (call me crazy) but nothing comes close to it in terms of comfort. 20" wheels and smooth suspension hardly let me feel any bump. I have 8500 miles in 5 months. I enjoy driving it so much. Smooth engine and very less road noise. Has awesome features. Gives me advertised mileage which Toyota and Honda always fell short of doing.

2010 Tahoe

sctrooper, 01/31/2011
LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Tahoe is America's SUV, and I know why. It is an exceptional vehicle with a ride quality that the competition cannot come close to. I traded my 2011 Pathfinder in on the Tahoe, and I highly recommend the Tahoe over the Pathfinder. I use it to tow my ATV, load stuff up from Lowe's & IKEA, and haul some friends around. The Bose sounds great, the lighting is pleasant, the leather is comfortable, and the interior and exterior styling are superb. The comfort and handling are great for an SUV of its size. The engine is quiet at all speeds and has sufficient power for anything you need it to do. My only complaint is the inability to lay the 3rd row seating completely flat.