Used 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

It is what it is
By Content 4 now

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Strong, powerful, safe and great for family trips which we often take to get away from city life. However a few trips in the brakes started to make a squealing noise, inside molding strangely started to completely come undone and the greatest mystery of all the dash board crack. However the truck still performs at a high level on the high transportating me and the family in pure comfort.

J.D. Powers Quality Awards Commercial
By JMV51

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Own 2010 Tahoe LT, great truck! Feel extremely safe in it while driving. But all cars are not perfect and neither is this one. About the third and/or the fourth year of ownership the trim details began to show faulty, specifically the side body moldings and the dashboard. Side body moldings began to separate severely from the body on the front passenger side door as well as on the other doors at certain areas on the trim. On the dash, cracks have developed over the driver instrumentation panel as well as an area over the passenger side airbag area. Service managers have told me that they know of these problems, but Chevy hasn't given any directives to correct them. My extended warranty doesn't cover these "defects" because they're considered "trim" which isn't covered! The J.D. Powers commercial on quality doesn't mention how far back that study goes other than those presented in the 30-second ad. I've made temporary repairs on the moldings but can't do anything about the dash. That's the only stuff that's disappointing about owning my Tahoe, quality is not spent on Trim!

Saved my Dad's life
By pb4128

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am the car guy in the family. I have always been a fan of Chevy trucks, and I talked my Dad into buying his 2010 Tahoe in August of 2010. He planned on keeping it until the wheels fell off; little did we know that it would meet an early death, but it truly saved his life. Last year, just before Christmas, another driver lost control of their vehicle and came flying across multiple lanes of traffic on the highway and t-boned the driver's side of my Dad's Tahoe while he was driving 60 mph. I lowered the suspension 3 inches when he bought it, so that probably contributed to it not flipping. Every airbag deployed, yet the damage was just moderate. No other vehicle could have performed as well.

Safety. We didn't realize that it would be put to the test. Powertrain. Brakes. My Dad went right out and bought another Tahoe.

As others have said, the third row seat is a pain to remove.

My 2010 Lemon
By angela30

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My new 2010 Tahoe begin breaking down at 3500 miles.
At 3500 the oil pressure guage was replaced and within 24 hrs it broke down again. When I took it in it had 100 malfunction codes now denied by Alexandria Chevy. I have returned the vehicle numerous times to the same dealership who claim each and every time there is nothing wrong.
The vehicle's dash has gone out, the doors lock by themselves, the radio changes stations by itself, the oil and tach gauge bob and swing.
Now the brakes squeak.
The car has 9000 miles on it and it's been an absolute nightmare dealing with these problems.

2010 Tahoe
By sctrooper

2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Tahoe is America's SUV, and I know why. It is an exceptional vehicle with a ride quality that the competition cannot come close to. I traded my 2011 Pathfinder in on the Tahoe, and I highly recommend the Tahoe over the Pathfinder. I use it to tow my ATV, load stuff up from Lowe's & IKEA, and haul some friends around. The Bose sounds great, the lighting is pleasant, the leather is comfortable, and the interior and exterior styling are superb. The comfort and handling are great for an SUV of its size. The engine is quiet at all speeds and has sufficient power for anything you need it to do. My only complaint is the inability to lay the 3rd row seating completely flat.

-The ride -Bose stereo -Comfortable seating -Dual-Climate control with rear controls (tri-zone) -Aggressive look

Improving gas mileage would always be a plus, but that is with any vehicle. The ability to fold the 3rd row seating completely flat. It would also be nice if the 2nd row folded flat as well. My Pathfinder had the ability to fold 2nd and 3rd row completely flat which was very convenient. The price is a little on the high side. Other manufacturers offer well-equipped full-size SUV's, which are comparable to the LT trim, for $3,000 or so less. Chevrolet probably keeps the price a little high because they know people will still buy them.