Skip to main content

$53,600

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your trim:
12345...6

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 Suburban, so we've included reviews for other years of the Suburban since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Engine failed before 5k miles

Samantha, 06/03/2021
2021 Chevrolet Suburban RST 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

We had bought a 2021 Suburban RST in Dec 2020, my husband and I were our way to my surgery and check engine light came on and the SUV started shaking and making weird noises on the freeway. Get home the next day (Friday) and didn’t feel comfortable driving it..take it into Chevy that Tuesday and the whole engine failed and needed to be replaced (took over a month and kept giving us the runaround). Traded it in for a 4Runner because they told us this is a problem with all new Tahoe’s and Suburbans. Will never consider buying Chevy again. Waste of $70k.

8 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the Chevrolet Suburban
View Offers
Chevrolet.com

Didn't last over 5,000 miles

Bummed out, 05/11/2021
2021 Chevrolet Suburban Z71 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

Broke down on a road trip out of town, undrivable,in a Saturday I made it to a dealer but no mechanic on that day no rental cars available so stuck at a hotel till Monday with my dog. I bought it for multiple state travel but now I learned the engine has defect that will break down over and over even after fixed as I need to drive 3,000 Miles per month for next 3 months, first new Chevy in 37 years of owning buying them never had any issues, so had to buy another car to get on my way for my son's graduation as I couldn't wait for repair to get done ,and can't trust engine in future for any more long distance travel.so I wasted 70,000 do not buy.

It would be a 5 if not for Entertainment System

Daniel, 01/07/2021
2021 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

The Suburban is everything we wanted out of a vehicle for our growing family. We love the new independent suspension and the over all look and feel of the Suburban. Now the bad the entertainment system is all based on HDMI plugs I tried everything to get it to work and the only thing that worked was a firestick. That is even shotty if you don't get the WIFI in the vehicle. The headphones they gave us dont connect and we had to take it to a dealer to get them to work and they even had some issues with it. We had to use other bluetooth headphones to work with the system. But alas the cargo area is awesome, the panoramic sun roof is beautiful and the power is exactly what we needed for us!

Build Your 2023 Suburban
At a Glance:
  • 9 Colors
  • 7 Trims
  • 6 Packages
  • $56,900starting MSRP
Build & PriceChevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

2 out of 5 stars

Skip the RES, Beware of the Engine Issues

BurbOwner, 08/05/2021
2021 Chevrolet Suburban Premier 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

We purchased our 2021 Suburban Premier in February. When the engine is working properly (more on that later) we like most everything about the vehicle other than the overpriced and highly disappointing Rear Entertainment System. The system is nowhere near the "plug and play" one the dealer touted. You have to use a Firestick, Roku, USB of movies, etc. to utilize it. The placement of the HDMI port means that kids are constantly kicking the cables out. We've had to replace two Roku sticks because of that issue. Also, if you don’t turn off the automatic start feature it will reset the devices at every red light. This feature has to be turned off every time you start the car. Total waste of money there. However, we loved our Suburban in spite of those things until a month ago. We had less than 15,000 miles on it when, while we were returning home from a cross-country trip, the engine started running sluggishly and the check engine light came on. Luckily we made it back home. We took it into the dealership, who told us it was a faulty fuel injector. When a new fuel injector failed to fix the problem they said it needed new lifters. The vehicle has now been in the shop for three weeks and there's no telling when we'll get it back as the parts seem impossible to find. They put us in an Equinox loaner car which is equally infuriating. Because of that we're going to have to take two cars for our Florida vacation (we're a tall family of six people). It’s very concerning, to say the least, to be having major engine problems at 15,000 miles on a $70k vehicle. I cannot recommend this vehicle at this time.

Multiple major issues within 6,000 miles

Jason, 08/19/2021
2021 Chevrolet Suburban Z71 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 10A)

Own a '21 Suburban Z71. Have had multiple recalls and issues with Lifting/Lowering System. Major issue with Engine Lifter going out at 5,000 miles. Spent 2 weeks in shop awaiting parts and repair for Lifters and Rods and Gaskets. Just picked it up YESTERDAY and now the same Warning Light is already going off again after 24 hours! We spent $73K on this piece of garbage. Smaller issues with Paint peeling off the front fender after the 1st week of purchase. It looks awesome. Comfortable inside. But if it's in the shop all the time, it is useless. GM will only give us $45 for a rental. They claim. I still have not seen the money yet from the last 2 week repair.

12345...6