Used 2005 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

My First Suburban
By terry

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Suburban. My last vehicle was an Avalanche and I totally loved it, but I wanted a covered cargo box and my wife didn't like the Avalanche caps that were available. So I was looking and saw the Suburban that we purchased a 2005 with only 28,000 miles, Red with tan interior, plus it also came with an extra set of 20" chrome rims and low profile tires. The original tires and rims were included also and those looked like they had very few miles. I have driven the Suburban for almost a year and absolutely love it. It is very simialr to the Avalanche, but now I have the covered cargo area, and it works prefect for me. The only thing I wish it got about 2-3 miles more per gallon.

Color combinatation, red exterior and tan leather interior. Every option available. Previous owner was the owner of the car dealership I bought it from, and he ordered it loaded.

My Third and Best Suburban
By MrBill

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Was a little disapointed that it was made in Mexico, but that has taken a back seat to being in love with the quality and workmanship. Would have loved for it to be union made, but think it is a great value for the bucks. I pull a 30 foot camper trailer and a boat with it for family trips. Pulled a 30 foot boat from VA to Grand Lake, CO without a single hiccup. Performed well at high altitude as at sea level. Good brakes coming down Berthoud Pass. All in all a home run for Chevy. Not a grand slam, but a solid home run!

The heated leather seats, followed closely by the DVD entertainment system, OnStar, and XM Radio. The seats are comfortable, but with the arm rest down feels a bit tight. Really love the moonroof and luggage rack. Back of the rack has a roller which makes getting the canoe on and off a breeze. A+

Make third seat a little less cumbersome to pull out. And beef up those little plactic clips for the floor panels in the back of the second seat. I broke on within a week of taking delivery and the second not long after. Still a very happy camper!

Best Large SUV out there
By BikerAl

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this Suburban for almost 2 years and love it. I pick up me new Suburban next week. This has been reliable (45,000 miles already and only 1 minor problem covered by warranty), comfortable and great ride. Only downside is the gas mileage.

Ride, comfort, and overall features.

3rd row seat should fold under the floor.

Excellent tow vehicle
By Jayboy63

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is an excellent, dependable tow vehicle for trailers up to 10,000 pounds. Strong engine with excellent response and power. RV'ing to nite clubing, this is a classy chassis.

8100 Vortec and powerful transmission. Leather and the LT amenities.

A Duramax diesel with Allison transmission.

A perfect SUV
By Trina

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really have to say that this SUV is wonderful. The heated seats, navigation and back up sensors (dealer installed) are wonderful. It is roomy and the DVD keeps my children quiet which is Priceless. The vehicle is a smoother one than my previous Expedition. The take off is much quicker and the seats are very comfortable. I would tell anyone with kids to buy this if you want peace of mind. The on star is a added security feature I cannot imagine being without.

DVD, navigation system, heated seats, OnStar, and hands free calling.

Every Suburban owner should have the back up sensors they are wonderful.