Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Malibu Maxx for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Total garbage, run away!!!

stevenhmiller, 01/07/2011
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Cheaply made and GM will not stand behind their product. Steering making bad clunking noise since about 9000 miles. Dealer claims cannot reproduce every time I brought it, which was at least 9 times. Once the warranty expired, suddenly they had no problem reproducing the issue. GM will not repair free of charge, even though I've been complaining about the issue for 3 years! Many others are complaining about the same issue with the same results. There were service bulletins for the 2004-2006 Maxx with the same problem. They refuse to issue one for the 2007. They're going to wait until someone is killed when the steering fails. Also, many other problems. FORGET THIS CAR, IT'S GARBAGE!!!

Lame-mobile

kmduym, 03/19/2011
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I purchased this car just over a year ago. We should have kept shopping. This vehicle is incredibly boring. From the exterior, it looks promising as a cute, responsible hatchback from an American-made car company. We had visions of fuel economy cresting 30mpg. We have held consistent at 21mpg. I would understand the low mpg's if the 6-cylinder could actually haul -- but it drives like a dog. Furthermore, the handling is so poor, with an overbearing torque-steer that sends you into a.) oncoming traffic or b.) the ditch. Not worth the money. Boring to drive. Cheaply made (rreeaallllyy cheaply made). A true disappointment.

Another American Built Lemon

Lee, 10/28/2007
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving foreign built vehicles for the last 18 years, I came across this car at $3000 below blue book and bought it. Had I bothered to check that this garbage can had depreciated $15000 in 3 years, I would have passed. But alas, I didn't, and now I have the pleasure of fixing all the KNOWN GM design problems in the steering column, brake rotors, steering rack, and struts. I have had 1960 era cars with better steering and suspension systems. Of course because GMC is an American company, it is based on greed and not customer care; they refuse to fix/recall any of these problems because not enough people have died in the car. I look forward to the day when I can unload this lemon!

First american car Chevy Malibu

ryanbowman77, 05/25/2011
LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like the for getting me to school and it has been reliable since ibought it 4.5 months ago. My Mazda 6 would take anyday over the Malibu The outside is plane no nice lines and the interior look like a 3 year old drew it out

Still love it after 3+ years

susieQ, 05/05/2010
SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Found it on the dealer lot by accident. Didn't know this car was made. Perfect fit for me, love the adjustable pedals and dash lay out. Fog light knob could be easier to find. Hatch sometimes relocks before I get to it. Lots of back seat room for passengers. Lots of cargo space. Travel with 2 small dogs in a large kennel in the folded down rear space. I still have room to get in back and let them out of kennel with veh doors closed. Smooth ride, handles well. Backed out of a ditch using traction control; couldn't have done that with my other cars. I drive 60% highway 40% city ave. 25.8 highway; 21.5 in city. The SS has great pick up. Very sad it is not made any longer as I would buy it again!