Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Malibu Maxx for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Very good car in a dull package.

paul_jacob, 03/19/2012
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car out of necessity for a reliable, practical, and efficient car. It fits this build very well. The Maxx draws only a few looks from it's exterior, but to some, it is a rather good looking car (remember, we're not shopping for a coupe here). The interior is a bit bland, although everything is easy to use and functional. Interior quality will rival most competitors and is a big step up from the previous generation. Front seats are very comfortable although a bit flat, and rear leg room will beat much larger cars. I'm getting 30 mpg with about 80/20 highway/city. Driver feedback is minimal and leaves a lot to be desired. The 5 speed transmission is very good.

Problems already

Mike 123, 10/16/2008
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used from a dealership, with 32k miles on it. I also own a 2005 Malibu sedan. I immediately noticed a clunking sound coming from the steering column when turning the wheel at low speeds. This is a sound I also noticed in my 2005 Malibu. I took it back to the dealer and they had to lubricate the intermediate shaft in the steering column. The shades to the sunroof also broke, so they ordered new ones for me as well. The car is comfortable, rides well and has good acceleration with the 3.5 liter V6. I don't understand how some people here are getting 29 mpg however, because I am getting about 18 mpg in mostly city driving. Disappointing mileage.

Perfect blend of practicality and value

hoss, 01/16/2008
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this dark red 'program car' as an ex-rental with ~10,000 miles on it in December '07. A certified used LT 2007 for $16,000. Great savings off of new and I don't particularly like the looks of the 2008. I love it so much more than the other cars I test drove (new foreign sub- compacts). Quality is on par and you get so much more for your money. Styling is great; mpg decent for V6 power; comfort; utilitarian design; safety features.

Great Car

Phil H, 06/24/2010
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it with 17,000 miles on it and have put another 60k on it. Great performer, 28-30 mpg in rural area, yet very peppy. Very versatile layout. Don't like rear skylights with curtains as the curtains sag since won't roll up tight. I also don't like the seats which are like a Saab with no lumbar support. Have only had to replace the outside mirror switch, but the fit and finish is only average.

But a better car.

buzzcut73, 09/19/2012
LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Maxx since early 2008. I have had many problems with this car. The front end shakes violently when braking (I tried new pads, discs, tires, resurfacing, inspections...etc...) The Maxx has electrical issues with wipers, fuel caps, temp sensors, map sensors, security system, etc... I would recommend considering a different car. I am surprised this car received the accolades that it did, there seems to be no reason to own it.