Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Lovin' it
By BayouMan

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a fun car to own. The interior and exterior design are great. There are some blind spots but these are nothing compared to many vehicles. I have a bad back and have found the car to be quite comfortable and it also accomodates my 6'1'' frame well. Storage and rear seat leg room have been good. Gas mileage has been 29 mpg in town and the car possesses adequate power withe 170hp engine, better than the Matrix, Corolla, and Civic. I have found this car to be great value for the price. The only complaint is a periodic light (very light) rattle in the door frame but I have not attempted to fix this yet. This is my favorite car yet in my 27 years of owning vehicles.

I love the circular vents. These help greatly without having dual climate controls. The lumbar support and driver seat adjustments are great. The ability to program numerous radio stations on a favorite list has been nice.

It would be nice to have the window controls elsewhere and better access to the cupholders. While the seats are very comfortable, I think the arm rests could be designed to be more sturdy. There have not been any issues with this but it does not look to be very durable for the life of the car.

A New Dawn for the General
By Partsman999

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven or owned almost every manufacture/ models made from Ladas to Lincolns. I can say that this HHR is value for money and fun to drive. We looked at hybrids and the Prius was to small for our needs and the highlander was way over priced, with equal milage we chose the HHR LT1, we have so far got 26mpg around town, and 35 on highway. We have the Auto option transmission.

Road handling. smooth ride "like a magic carpet" and mileage

May be a hybrid version/diesel

Functional Fun
By larry

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first American car in over 20 years. I'm very satisified. This auto has the space I need, with cool retro styling, and the right mix of power and economy. I don't cary a load every day but when I do this car can do the job excellently. I'm very pleased with the smooth ride, very comfortable and easy to get in & out. This is a great buy!

Cargo space

Antilock brakes as standard

Good Car
By Matthew

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I would say this is a good value car. I have owned vehicles with superior performance and better ergonomics, but overall am pleased with the product. The fuel economy is good, performance is unrefined but expected. I have a two year old daughter and it is easy for her to climb in and out herself without my need to worry about falls. The stereo and components are great, roominess is fine, visibility is great, and the overall look has people taking a double. I would change a few things but overall am very happy.

Design features, ergonomics, use of space and ease of driving.

Cup holders, power window switch location and performance (needs a V6 or upcoming SS model).

HHR surprise
By bill

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I am impressed with the vehicle so far. I bought it in August of this year and have only put on a little over 2000 miles on it. I have not been back to the dealer for a single problem as of now. I have the base model with 5 speed and it is fun to drive and functional for a 50 plus 6'6" male. I do little highway driving and am getting over 23 miles to the gallon around town. My last 3 vehicles have been Toyotas but I could not get a Toyota that I could get my frame into and aford the payment and get 20 plus around town period. The HHR replaces a 98 RAV4 that I purchased new and really liked put on over 130000 miles and was a truly reliable vehicle. My wife likes this better and so do my sons.

Five speed, stereo, seats,cargo area, digital readouts, turning radius, comfortable to drive, storage compartments.

Because of my height when at stoplights I have to bend forward and look up to see the light change, perhaps a tad taller roof line or slightly sloped back windshield. 4X4 option would be nice, standard roof racks.