Used 2007 Chevrolet HHR Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet HHR

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

Great Car
By Bob B

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Drive 98 miles daily in town and highway gas mileage avg 34 miles per gal. Fun to drive. Had 6 months. Have no problems.

Comfort great, sound tight, auto built well

Great little car
By herbertthered

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very easy to get in & out of - I'm 6'. Has been great in a MN winter. Handling is excellent. Corners like a dream. Has plenty of power. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed driving a stick. Has a lot more room inside than you'd think at first glance. Fuel economy according to display has been as high as 34+. During winter it dropped to 29+. Perhaps the best designed vehicle I've had in 20 years. I checked the options & decided standard had everything I wanted. Plus, it's "cool" - it will turn some heads.

Interior room, handling, fuel economy.

Could use one more gear. The power range seems to be between 2,000 - 3,000 rpm's. At freeway speeds it generally is around 2,900. Fuel economy suffers a bit as a result. One more gear would help.

Love my LT2!
By malinche

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Waited over 2 years to get my LT2 2.4 & absolutely love it. I get about 25 mpg city driving. I have a blast driving & look for any reason to do so. It is still pretty stock (the look is what attracted me to it & I still love it), but go to many car shows with it & get lots of compliments. My sister is even considering the SS for an everyday car (has an 07 Tahoe) to save on gas. We are a Chevrolet family and my chromed out LT2 is a nice addition to it. So open the sunroof, put on some cool fuzzy dice and go for a drive!

Sunroof, remote start, heated seats, PAL for my iPod & heck, I even like the window button & cup holder placements (I don't eat in my car, so no big deal & only window I open is sunroof!). Lots of cool and inexpensive mods out there to personalize it.

Maybe a standard sway bar-but an inexpensive add & will add soon. No prob seeing traffic lights (have old school traffic light prism to see better).

Great Economical Family Car
By richmcm

2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We looked at 7 cars in this class and liked the HHR best of all. What sold us. Well the styling was very appealing but the quiet ride, adequate power, nice interior layout with awesome cargo space and plenty of room in the back seats were the final selling pieces. We have over 4000 miles on this everyday work HHR and find it to be more that we expected. We live in the Northeast so one of the best features is the remote starting. Very nice to get into a warm car in these cold mornings. Getting 30 MPG is also very good. We are both over 50 so we will take the soft, quite ride over the stiff harder ride like the Masda 3 5 door had. The HHR fit and finish is also very impressive.

Remote starting, cargo layout, 5 function drivers seat.

I like it like it is but if you are going to put roof racks on the car, like our LT, the please include the cross members so we can use it and not have to purchase it later on.

HHR Problems
By KElly

2007 Chevrolet HHR LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have now had my car for almost a year and I really enjoy it. I have had to have it in the shop three times for the same thing, something in the front end makes a rattleing noise, they replaced the steering column and some other bar but the problem comes right back. I drive on asphault all of the time, my driveway is gravel and that is when you can really tell that something isn't right in the front end of the car. Also the brakes have overheated and had my rotors turned three times, didn't fix the problem. These are really the only problems that I have been experiencing with my HHR.

I love the look of the vehicle, completely different than the PT Cruiser. I also like the color options, mine is sunburst orange, very catchy.

Better quality in the front end parts, cupholder placement, noise in the interior too loud.