Skip to main content

Used 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Premier 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A) Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Equinox for Sale
Select your model:

Ride and Noise.

Lawrence Eurich, 04/04/2018
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

All the features on the car are great my couple of issues are high road noise inside of the car and rides very rough more like my 3/4 ton pickup with overload springs. For $38,850 it should ride like very expensive luxury car. I wish that we would have drove it more on different roads and we may not have purchased it.

Also Consider
See Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the Chevrolet Equinox
View Offers
Chevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges.

4 out of 5 stars

Love mine, NOT made for cold weather

Pearl , 01/13/2020
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my second winter having my equinox. Last year my engine light came on & said “engine power reduced”. (-30C to -40c) Took it in and they said the intercooler freezes up. They ordered in a part that “fixes” it and gave me a grill cover. Never had a issue after that. Now this winter (only -15c) it happened again. I will be taking it in to see how they plan to fix it. Just doesn’t seem to be made for Canadian winters. I plan on getting a new vehicle in a few years. I don’t think I’d be too excited about keeping this as a long term vehicle because of the issues in the cold and the where I live. In warmer climates, you should be golden! In nice weather, I LOVE my equinox. I get good gas mileage, feels cozy, love the dash display/radio & technology (premier). I wish I would have got a 2.0L so it had more pep to it. The 1.5L is good, but it lags when speeding up. Update: brought it in yesterday. Got my vehicle back in the evening. This morning on the way to work the engine light came on again. It’s -30c. If I knew About the issues with it in the cold weather, I wouldn’t have purchased it. They shouldn’t sell a vehicle in cold climates when it can’t handle it. GM better do a recall to fix this soon!

3 out of 5 stars

Great is you like to feel the bumps

Jim, 08/24/2018
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Poor ride and resale after just one year is terrible.

2 out of 5 stars

It's a Chevy

Steve, 02/11/2019
updated 02/14/2022
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my 2018 Equinox Premier for 12 months and have put 13500 miles on it. The great rebates and promotions at the time were the main factor in my purchase. I have a Toyota Avalon as well but I try not to compare the two because they are completely different vehicles with different goals. The Avalon is the ultimate road cruiser and the Equinox is an SUV with all wheel drive for getting around in the snow and weather in the northern plains. I like the Equinox. It has all of the safety features you want or need, it's comfortable with both heated and cooled leather, the sunroof is great, and I have averaged 29.8 mpg over the 13500 miles that I have owned it. General Motors products have improved over the years and this might be one of their best efforts. Take care of it, MAINTAIN IT, and you should get years of enjoyment out of it. One more thing - check out the dealer service department before you buy. Ask around and check reviews of the service department on the internet. That small amount of extra money that you pay at a more reputable dealer for the new car will be worth it. Update 2/12/2022 - I have owned the Equinox for four years and 66,000 miles. Other than regular service and one set of tires I have done nothing to the vehicle. I have had zero problems and zero complaints. I have averaged 29.2mpg over the time that I have owned the Equinox. I would buy another without hesitation.

Wish I’d have bought a Ford

Linda, 10/01/2018
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The front seat when raised is very hard. I have gotten Busitus and I am in physical therapy. The door locks,are annoying.

1 out of 5 stars