Used 2014 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M) Consumer Reviews

Used Cruze for Sale
Select your model:

Two Years is a Lot to Deal With for This Dud

Michael, 08/03/2019
2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After being reassured by a complete inspection, I bought a "lightly-used" 2014 Chevy Cruze. Maybe at most 13,000 miles on it. The first 6 months of my ownership, it was a dream! This was the best running car I've had! Then... after the first full year wrapped, things started going downhill. My first of 3 trips to mechanics for oil drip issues developed. Then for this, my second year of owning the car, I've been to various mechanics 4 times this year already, for a tensioner replacement, a water pump replacement, and TWO added checks on oil drips. I look forward to the Labor Day weekend sales, so I can see what another dealer will do to help me out with an newer model, and get this certified lemon off my hands!

I hate this car

Angry , 08/05/2020
2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I got a 2014 Cruze brand new. I always maintained the car and it was typically used for me commuting back and forth from college (back country roads, no city miles). First, the material of the oil cap is ridiculous and broke off into the oil reservoir when trying to service so don’t even attempt changing your own oil. At 100,000 miles the entire engine started failing. Left me stranded 3 times, after the 2nd time I got the engine rebuilt almost entirely and here I am, almost 4 months later with a blown head gasket. Even my family mechanic who we’ve used for over 20 years has told me to get rid of this car because they don’t even want to see it anymore. Once they saw someone else with my car pull in they really wanted to turn them away. I wouldn’t wish this car on my worst enemy and the worst part is that I still owe at least 3k. I don’t even feel comfortable selling this car to anyone so I’m truly at a loss.