Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Purchased But Not Pursuaded
By mike wilk

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased a 2007 Corvette Coupe. Still getting used to this car. Traded in a 2015 Camaro V6 for it. With no warranty other than a 30 day/1000 mile transmission warranty, feel somewhat walking on thin ice. Took car in for oil change. Oil seeping around oil pan. It turned into a $900 job by the time all was said and done. Shortly after, I noticed the front quarter panel was sticking out, no longer attached to the frame. Tab connecting panel to the body was broken and duct tape was hanging down on the ground. Took vehicle back to place of purchase and showed them my findings. Car went to body shop for repair. No charge. As for the car itself, its a vette, plain and simple. Repairs are expensive, parts are expensive, anything that says Vette on it is expensive. Still, its a corvette. BASED ON REPAIR COSTS AND MAINTENANCE COSTS, I CAN I EXPECT $1,000 MINIMUM CHARGE FOR BRAKES, TIRES, A/C UNIT, TORQUE BEARING ETC... If I had the opportunity to do it over again, I'd choose to get a 2008 or newer and automatic. Stay away from convertibles and not interested in a track car. This purchased car is a daily driver and I enjoy driving the standard, after all, it is a muscle car, still, I'm an older guy and driving over speed bumps everyday just to get to the main road sucks. Overall, the the 2007 Z51 3LT has many advanced features that are credit worthy. Its a beautiful car and deserves to be run. "Drive it like you own it (or as my wife says, "Drive it like you stole it."...and enjoy the ride!!! There are those are on the road that wish they had a Vette and there are those who drive a Vette. Cheers.

Better as time passes
By ccrvtt

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My first Corvette was a 1995 Coupe which I had for 7+ years. I bought it because I thought the targa top would be a good combination coupe/convertible. The cowl shake with the targa out was unacceptable. So I went for a convertible when I bought the 2007. It is remarkable how Corvettes just get better with every succeeding iteration. This convertible is quieter, stiffer, and smoother by far. When we picked up the '07 my wife remarked that she actually forgot she was riding in a Corvette. I bought the car with just over 34,000 miles on it. I've had no problems so far. I'm impressed with the ride, the acceleration, the brakes, the styling, etc. I still miss my '95, but the '07 is a quantum leap ahead. Corvettes are still a screaming bargain on the used car market.

The ultimate road car
By Vince

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The greatest deal in sports car history! highly fuel efficient combined with superior perfromance. 26 to 28 mpg on highway at 80 mph plus speeds...mid 11 quarters at over 124 mph, amazing!

Past my expectations
By Chet Gilbert

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned a 63 roadster and a 65 FI roadster corvette and my 2007 roadster has met and exceeded my expectations - explosive power and refined handling.

Fun car
By Angel Aviles

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great and fun car to drive, has a lot of power. On Star adds safety and navigation to your trip, vehicle tracking and communication. Radio is lacking Bluetooth technology, but it got installed in newer models. The vehicle is very reliable, I used it as my daily driver and no complaints whatsoever. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone.