Used 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

My little calvalier
By Sirjames

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Its not a Cadillac it was not made to be. It was intended to be cheap, reliable, transportation I bought mine in 06 and its a 99 and I still own it now in 2016. I paid 2,200 dollars for it and it had 80,000 miles on it. Now it has 200,000 miles on it. Change the oil regularly and your maintenance. Things I have replaced a starter, alternator and normal wear and tear. And parts are cheap because its American. Also its the 2.2l I-4 automatic my daily driver but not my only vehicle. But I think if you take care of your car it will last in my opinion.

Only Owner
By April

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

Lowest end model--no electric windows. 5 speed still spunky for its age, can do 320 miles on full tank, a plus when gas prices soared. Normal maintenance is done on time keeping it going. Never had issues with trans or motor. Parts are breaking down in past 3 years which is inevatable; abs, A/C, wheel alignment, cluster, front end suspension but willing to replace cause it's been good to me. I wish it wasn't discontinued.

Great ride up east coast!
By Rottie81

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I just got my Mom's 1999 LS 4 door sedan from my Mom who had to stop driving. She has 106,000 mi on it. I drove it from Sarasota FL to Boston Ma with no problems at all. It was comfortable and handled well on the highway. It isn't so great on bumpy roads in the city but all in all it's a great car and I would seriously think about getting another Chevy in the future. The exterior is perfect but the interior near the windshield cracked and is falling off so needs to be replaced. Also the cup holders are a joke. But I did enjoy the drive home trying to beat Hurricane Earl!

Nice looking exterior, cold a/c, running daytime lights.

Better cup holders!

Caviliers Are Great Cars
By Donna Jones

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I live on a limited income and can not purchase a brand new car. So, when I got the chance to purchase this car, even though its age was high, I fell in love with it. This car handles good on the road, I love the braking system, and couldn't ask for a more roomier car.

Handling on curves and its fwd pulling. It is great for going on snow covered roads.

I wouldn't change a thing about the vehicle. I just hope you keep on producing them in the future.

Somewhat ordinary, but very reliable car
By KLHoffman

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought our 1999 Cavalier in 2000 when it was just over a year old. It's been a very reliable car. We now have 146,000 miles on it and it still gets us where we want to go without any problems. We just replaced the transmission this year at 141k miles, but other than that no major problems in ten years! I find the car somewhat boring to look at and drive, but with reliability like this who can complain!

Reliability, gas mileage, decent sized trunk.

Boring driving experience, seats not too comfortable, slightly low grade interior materials.