Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

Used Blazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

A money pit

Kat, 11/11/2010

One headache after another: Oil leaks, new fuel and brake lines needed, brakes and rotors needed frequent replacement, rear door hatch did not work properly, nor did the windshield wiper fluid nozzle in the rear. Ball joints and U joints were bad. Gas gauge did not work. Emergency brake issues. Alternator and starter were bad. Vanity light would not turn off, slowly draining the battery , which had to be replaced twice already. Numerous other issues to mention. We got rid of it before it died completely. We could have almost purchased another vehicle for the money we put into it just to keep it running. We will never buy another one.

WHY?

Joe Joe, 01/21/2004

How can they still be buying ball joints and oil lines from the same vendors after all these years?! I like the looks of the Equinox, but I'm scared to buy a Chev again!

Blazer's Stink

Bill Jenkins, 03/21/2005

The Chevy Blazer really, really stinks. It is suppost to be a strong built, heavy duty SUV. I am here to tell you that it is NO such thing! In the year & a half that I have owned my Chevy Blazer the front end has virtually fallen apart. This is not a well built SUV in my opinion. I will not recommend the Purchase of any Chevy Product to anyone. As they would be upset shortly after purchase.

Worst car I've ever had!!!

nwiley, 02/10/2012

Bought it used from original owner only had 97,698 miles on it; I thought ohh what a good deal low miles He had service records and had even had proof it had just had a tune up.It sounded good drove good until the next day the transfer case wouldn't disengage so it was roaring from the bottom. Door hinges would always loosen up had those tighten I don't know how many times. Always had ball joint problems. Then out of nowhere all kinds of fuses started to blow mostly the power door locks. A/C went out .Check engine light came on always of course with no code. Fuel gauge never worked correctly. Radiator replaced.Always serviced it Tranny went out anyway at 114,000 miles after that sold it.

Like it

amanda, 12/16/2007

I bought this vehicle 3 years ago. It had 49,000 miles at the time. It now has 98,000. I've replaced the alternator, the driver window gets stuck open (usually when its raining) every once in a while but will work again a couple minutes later. Both front doors sag, window molding coming up, top compartment buttons are broken, mirror flap on both visors have broken off, there is now a leak in the intake manifold gasket, and the 4wd is not working now. i have not had any major issues with this vehicle until now. I really like it but i am thinking about parting with it due to the gas mileage. it gets 18mpg on the interstate.

12345...20