Used 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Underrated Good Transportation economic vehicle
By Pete

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my 2006 Chevy Aveo for 2 years now with no mechanical problems. It gets very good gas mileage at around 30+ MPG and handles well on long trips. The interior is not fancy and has only minimum creature comforts but is not bad. I purchase the car for only $900 with 46,000 miles on it with a dent in the fender and hood. The parts to repair it were available in the local junkyard at a very low price. I feel that the car will hold up for another 50,000 miles without any major problems and will have provided great service at a very very low cost. The car does not do much to project an image but it is a great car for students and poorer people.

How cheap can you make a car?
By Aric

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy leads the way with this that is the Aveo. Not only does it feel cheap but the flimsiness of "everything" is very apparent. We have had this car for two months. It has 48k miles on it. We have had to replace the blower motor, fan speed relay, clutch slave cylinder and after all that it developed a short that drained the battery so I had to keep a jumper box in car at all times. To give you an idea of how cheap and flimsy this car is we was in a slow 25 mph accident that popped the car like a balloon. Pieces inside just fell apart and there was pieces everywhere outside of the car like it was a high speed collision. I wish I could post a picture because the car that hit us had a cracked headlight and bumper and our car had to be towed away because the wheel broke completely off and left the car on the ground. Beware buyers this is a case of you do not get what you payed for and I wish I could express this better then this. This car is not good at any price except free.

The car the drove ME crazy
By Tracy

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car had it for a few years. But to much money into trying to figure out what was wrong. Come to find out this car along with others had a tiny hole in the transmission. (transmission made of plastic) . GM knew about the problem never told the customer nor the dealers. Also they would not stand by their customer told me not their problem while the manager at the GM cried to me about all the phone calls she gets. I never want to deal with this car nor GM again.

All and all pretty good....
By soccerguy

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My car is an auto not stick shift. I bought my Aveo used with 63,000 miles on it. I have had it 4 years and now have 97,000. I am pleased with this car. I have kept up with the normal stuff including timing belt, transmission & radiator service. I need to get front struts replaced which I know some have complained about but I think almost 100,000 miles is a decent lifespan.

I am a little disappointed in the around town MPG but the highway is 35 MPG which is awesome. This is a no frills car but it does the job for me. Yes the inside is plastic everywhere and heck I have manual windows but it gets me where I need to go.

Have the car properly serviced and you should do fine.

Highway MPG Handling, you can fit this car anywhere Decent traction in snow.

I wish they still made them. This is a perfect second vehicle. We have a minivan that has all the bells and whistles, this car is great for A - B traveling.

Well Maintened but still had major problems
By mindintomatter

2006 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for an amazing price. And I know most people probably purchase the Aveo because of that. At $80,000 miles my car has had a string of major problems. The mechanic remarked that he's been fixing Aveos lately with the same problems. The front struts give out, the Temp Sensor, and the Solenoid. My check engine light just came on again. From speaking to people who have Aveos they say this car is badly built and usually doesn't make it to 100,000 miles. The back seat has almost no leg room either.

Price