Used 2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Astro for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

2nd Astro Van

Nancy, 05/08/2008
AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The first one I bought was a 1995, drove it 109,000 miles, the transfer case went, replaced it for $2300 then traded it for a 2004 model. It is now 2008 and I have 51,000 miles and need a new transfer case. Both vehicles had electrical problems with the 'check engine soon' light, numerous brake repairs and each needed idler arms and torsion bars. I love the van tho and today when my mechanic told me to junk it because I needed a transfer case and a brake hub and a speed sensor, I said no. But, now, I need to find a more reliable vehicle that will carry and do all the family stuff that my van does.

Jeff & Rosa H, 07/10/2004
Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We are on our 2nd Astro, our first is a 1988 Astro LT. The 4.3L engine is one of the best.I fix cars for a living and this is the van for my family.

Good Van

jayvict, 08/06/2007
Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Our family expanded so we bought this van with 34k miles for a great price. We travel home 3 to 4 times a year (1000mi round trip) and it runs like a charm. No problems. I feel safe when my wife is alone with the kids on trips. Love the rear air and towing capacity

LEGROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCOTT CHANCELLOR, 09/27/2003
Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

THE LEG ROOM IN THE FRONT SEATS IS VERY LIMITED.

GM take a hint.

Astro Fan, 05/09/2004
Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The best vehicle in its class. The problem is that it's the only one in its class. Because of no competition, GM has treated the Astro like an ugly step child. The last revision was nearly ten years ago. I upgraded to a 2000 model from the '91 I had. The only noticeable difference beside appearance was the reliability of a newer vehicle. After just a few years my new van rattled just like my old one. I've had many service calls that were fortunately under warranty. Delco batteries only last two years in Florida.I love my van but I'm sorry that when I'm ready for a new one, GM will have done little to give me a reason to buy.