Skip to main content

Used Seville for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
2.88 out of 5 stars

Northstar engine bad design

johnr24, 04/07/2013
1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

The Northstar engine until about 2002 had lugbolts that were too short. So it blows a headgasket climbing hills. $3500 to repair with new longer bolts. No old high mileage Northstars ,only dead ones. Engine not considered rebuildable. A Cadillac engine design mistake (30 yr Cad owner)

4 out of 5 stars

Thinking of buying 1? Research gaskets

No more GM's, 04/22/2010
1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Worst motor ever. I've spent over 5k at the dealer and now it needed a new engine.

1.25 out of 5 stars

engine breaks fast

drivinitsoftly, 01/04/2013
1999 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan

owned the car 3 years had engine rebuilt ($5k at 50K miles), followed 2 years later by a cracked casing which was going to cost another 2k. this car is a money pit. avoid at all ALL costs.

4.75 out of 5 stars

10 years running

Md driver, 01/23/2009
1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I bought mine new in 1999. 10 years later it's still going strong. 142,000 miles on it now. It had a few issues in the first 50,000 miles, all of which were covered under warranty, a leak in the trunk, the seat heater broke and a leak in the sun roof. right now the only issue is it needs a quart of oil between oil changes and the ABS needs repair.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Love My New Caddy

jlauria751, 03/19/2009
1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I had an accident with my previous 99 sts. I missed it so much I purchased the exact same car. Its a great car it drives identically to my previous cadillac. which was a suprise because I bought with 115,000 miles. My best advice in keeping a car running well is Change The Oil Every 3,000 miles! I put synthetic in my car and never go past 4,500 miles never. In this car the most expensive repair was a steering rack$500, I put in a bose door speaker $230 worth every penny, and had to replace a motor mount $110 installed. It helps to work for a dealership and get employee price. I burn 3/4 of a pint of oil between oil changes not bad. although these cars are known for drinking oil.

12345...9