Used 2011 Buick Regal CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A) Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Regal for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Decide for yourself after you test drive this car.....

prod3, 10/08/2014

I read reviews when I purchase a car. But I also take the time to drive the cars I am interested in so I can judge for myself. Please take the time to check out a Buick Regal if you are shopping, especially the certified used ones that are available. I just spent two months shopping certified used Accords, Passats, Maximas, and even Mercedes C-Series. My car is a MB E500 and I'm a Mercedes fan. But my wife wanted a classy, sporty, good mpg, non-Mercedes car to replace her VW Passat. I thought for sure she would go for the Passat or one of the others. Then we drove a few Regals. Two weeks after driving the first Regal we bought one. Best car I think I've ever owned! Go drive one.

Surprised by Buick!

dap0922, 07/30/2012

I didn't seek out a Buick when I started my search mainly based on the memories of the Buick's that my grandpa drove. Those were respectable cars at the time, but I was not interested in driving a "big boat". As a young professional, Buick seemed dated. I was looking for 3 things, 1)good gas mileage , 2) comfortable and high tech interior, 3) "head-turning" exterior styling - all at an good price of course. After looking at other cars for a few months, I came across the Regal. I hesitated at the thought of buying a Buick, but was blown away at the "reimagined" Brand. I was impressed at the styling and handling. This definitely isn't my grandpa's Buick!

I really like this car

quattro5, 02/10/2011

This is the 1st American sedan I have owned. I have had 3 Accords and 2 Camrys since college between me and my wife. Most recent was 08 Accord. Lease just up so i returned it and got the Regal. Really liked the looks and the incentives being offered were hard to turn down, considering it is my tax dollars at work! Car drives and handles very well. Finish and build quality is excellent. Features far, far exceed my 08 LX-P Accord and I am paying $50 less per month. Handling beats that car also. Far quieter and smoother as well. Yes the car is slightly underpowered but no more so than the 4 cylinder Accords. Reviewers are making way more out of that. Great car so far.

I USE to Love this car! Buyer Beware!!!

82oldsmobile, 07/31/2017
CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So I have written a post about this car when I purchased it in January of 2012. At that time I loved everything about the car, but that changed quickly! After having this car for 6 out of the 7 years (I bought this car used with 3400 miles on it) it is turning into a piece of JUNK! at around 15000 miles part of the transmission went out. Several pieces of the interior started flaking making the inside look like crap! I had the onstar antenna replaced twice. My headlights fill up with moisture and water, which by the way is not covered under warranty, so I have to have crappy looking headlights. I had an oil consumption problem as well and at 45000 miles the pistons and rings had to be replaced!! Now at 46000 mile the transmission is acting up again and needs to be fixed! If I did not purchase an extended warranty I would have been screwed!!!! The total cost is at $3000.00 to fix it. I have a warranty till October 2019 and after that this car is being traded in!!!! Probably not on another Buick! This has got to be the worst car every purchased besides the 06 Buick Rendezvous CXL I purchased in 2006! Update warranty ran out could not afford to trade it on on another car and the catalytic converter went bad and needed to be replaced! Buick and GM is going down the drain!!! I finally got rid of my 2006 Buick Rendezvous on a 2018 Kia Sorento SX. My wife and I are so happy with this vehicle! I think Lia wil be my brand for a while!

Dead Duck

nydogboy, 03/22/2014
CXL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The ladies love the sporty look, but, if you are more than 5'8" you'll be challenged to enter this car. It's hard to keep the RPMs under 2200 because it keeps shifting around town. It is a pleasure to drive on the highway. I was hoping the 6-speed, 4 cylinder Regal would get better mileage than my v-6, 210 hp Malibu Maxx...wrong. It's about the same. I like the car and hope to have it for 5 or more years, which I typically do. 03/22/2016: I love this Buick and have no intentions of trading it. It's a comfortable, steady, reliable and familiar vehicle. Front disc brakes new at 51,000 miles, otherwise just simple oil changes. The 4 cylinder is still peppy and hard to keep under 75-80. A great car all around and it looks great too! 09/27/2018: Same car. Nothing has gone wrong with it except for a power steering noise that has been troublesome, although it's not losing fluid. Going to the dealership for a complete evaluation in a couple of days. WARNING: I needed a new resonator at 55,000 miles. The car sounded like a truck. I searched everywhere and there is no part number for the resonator. The entire exhaust system has to be replaced [$1100]. New pipes and mufflers, which were not a problem. This was the biggest expense in seven years. Still planning on keeping it because now it is only worth about $6000. SAFETY: In May 2019 I was T-Boned by a Tundra, right in the drivers-side door. The side airbags deployed immediately and I walked away without a scratch. There goes my plans for keeping it and the four new tires it had on it. I still recommend for short people.

12345...11