Used 2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Great overall Work car
By Jeff

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I averaged 30 mph with this car those 3800 engines are the best! I wish GM still make them.

Great for poor students
By Andi

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I am a second year college student and have owned my 2000 Buick Lesabre for over a year now, getting it when it had a little less than 123K miles and I now have over 130K miles on it. Even though everyone tells me it is an old person car, I love my Buick. I have driven it over 600 miles one way to college (with a trip back to home and then back to college in-between) and I haven't seen many problems. Recently, my mass air flow sensor went out and it started driving horribly, but I bought the piece for $150 and it took me less than two minutes to replace it and now it drives great. I love how smooth of a ride it is and how comfortable the ride is. I also love having the bench seat up front in-case I need to drive five other people somewhere. My few complaints about the car include the broken fuel level sensor (I've gotten accustomed to just keeping track of how many miles I have driven and just fill up every 300 miles), both rear window regulators went out (I was able to buy the parts for about $150 each and replaced them myself), and the front passenger control arm was rusted out pretty bad (I had this replaced by an auto repair shop). The fabric on the roof of the car is starting to fall, but I just put adhesive on it and called it good. It is a hunky car, which I am not a fan of, and it does not turn well at all (I end up having to do Y-turns or multiple turns). I love the trunk space, especially to haul everything to and from college. Overall, I love the car, I got it for pretty cheap at $1300 (great for being on a college budget and having no help in paying for a car) and it has done its job of getting me to different places and it is pretty reliable.

**Update: Unfortunately, I had to scrap my Buick about two months ago (June 2018). When I brought it in to my mechanic to see if it would make a long road trip, they noticed a 12 inch hole in my structure near my front driver's side wheel. Because of this, my mechanic said that it was a very unsafe car to drive much further than local driving. However, this isn't because the car was not built right, it's because I live where it snows and ices very often, causing the car to rust from salt and snow. I still loved that car and was extremely sad to let it go.

2000 LeSabre
By Tim

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Still driving my 2000 LeSabre Custom. So far it has 268k miles and still running like a champ. Typical cheap GM plastic interior is to be expected with these cars and window regulators often fail, but other than that; it's a great car. Runs strong, can take a beating, and gets pretty decent gas mileage for almost 270k. You can pick one up fairly cheap and it will last forever. Highly recommended vehicle.

Update: Car has been sold since 11/2016, but is still driving around town. Last mileage recorded before the sale was around 291k. As an estimate, it has probably already hit 300k miles, or will very soon.

Great car. Very solid
By Jason Waddoups

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. Purchased at 135k previous care unknown. Currently at 245k, runs and drives great. 22/32 which is great for its size. Rebuilt transmissioin at 180k, starter, vacuum hose leak, battery, tires, gas guage was out when purchased. Use trip counter for fillups. Dual climate system on passenger side would randomly stop working, then start back up again. No repairs done. Center console flip broken hinge. Of the 3 keys, two of the chips went bad and the car stopped recognizing them.

It has been a very solid car. Always starts, never left us stranded. The engine is strong and shifts smoothly. If is fantastic in snow and ice. Went through snow covered mountain passes every winter without problem. Does better than friends Outback and MDX. The ride is smooth and only the biggest potholes are felt.

I have never been in a car that rolls as well as this one does. When I take my foot off the gas, you can't tell. The car keeps rolling without the noticeable slowing experience in other cars. At 80mph, on a flat road, it takes about 30 seconds for the car to slow to 70. It is like there is no resistance. It gains speed on any and all downhills.

I never thought I would enjoy driving a Buick. It is now one of the top companies for customer service and reliability. Brother has a 2006 Rendezvous that is about to hit 250k and has been very reliable. Maybe I'll try the Enclave next.

Thank god we only inherited it!
By Richard

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

We were given a 2000 buick lesabre back in 2008 by a family member that was no longer driving. It wasnt our number 1 choice but since it was free, we took it. It had about 50k miles on it back then. Now we're on 8 with about 105k mIles and this car is an absolute dog! Every interior piece that can wear out or break, has! The soft, dash top has started to lift up, on it's own! Then there's loose interior parts with huge gaps, acres of hard, hollow, cheap plastics, only two horribly designed cup holders for the entire car which are broken by the way! The two cup holders are put so close together that you can't fit anything bigger than two water bottles there. If you've got a bug gulp, you're screwed! You'll have to keep it between your legs and risk spilling it all over the car. The back seat passengers have no where to put a cup. But there's ashtrays in the back seat? That "wood" trim you see is actually hard plastic! The climate selector switch broke once. That's another cheap plastic part. Every window regulator has either failed or been replaced. The front drivers side has been replaced twice. The front passenger has been replaced once. But now (the window is stuck partially open) and the rear windows have gotten stuck a few times but have been fortunate enough to get them up. There is no permanent fix for this. The power front drivers seat works when it wants to. The seats are not supportive at all. The fuel level sensor dosent work and hasn't for years. I can't even tell how much gas is in the car. That's a $1000 fix. No way we're paying that for a car that's probably not even worth that. I thought that a car that's supposed to be an upper scale entry level "luxury" car that, the interior pieces and features wouldn't be so flimsy. But it is an American car through and through (bad quality). A Chevrolet Avalanche and Jeep Wrangler we had all had bad interior quality. The rear, air suspension has never worked right, still dosent work right and is costly to fix. Overall I have to say, the engine and transmission hasn't given us much trouble yet but that interior and feature quality is pathetic. No more american.