Used 2013 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews

Used X3 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

BMW not standing behind its product

Steve Harroun, 04/22/2019
xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Do not buy a BMW. BMW has had several issues with the N20 and N26 engines, between 2011 and 2015, prompting class-action law suits and BMW extending the warranty. The timing chain stretches, causing the timing chain rail guide (plastic) to break. The pieces go into the oil and limit how much oil flows to the engine and turbo, causing catastrophic engine failure. BMW extended the warranty to 7 years / 70,000 miles. BMW has charged people up to $22,000 for a new engine, but has also replaced the faulty engine for free on a few occasions. Mine died at 70,800 miles, and BMW is only offering 35% - charging me $7,706.65 + tax, and I have to figure out how to get to the dealership 200 miles away to pick it up when it's done. Dealership serviced and maintained, frequent oil changes, meticulously kept. If you're considering a BMW, do a search on "BMW N20," "BMW timing chain," "BMW engine failure," or "BMW Fail" - you'll get all the answers you need.

Satisfied 2013 X3 Customer

, 07/18/2012
xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I researched options for a "retirement" SUV that would satisfy my need for utility and enjoyable driving at the same time--the BMW X3 has met my expectations in every way. The car handles like a sports car, carries 5 adults comfortably and accomodates my bicycle as I find places to use my new free time. I was a bit concerned about the power of the 4 cylinder engine but it has ample power with the Turbo assist. The buying experiences with client advisor Lonnie Overby was a "no pressure" and pleasant experience in every way, and I would recommend him to anyone.

BMW X3 35i

wittyj, 01/10/2013
xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

superb SUV. Acceleration and handling are great. I have about 6000 miles in 4 months and love every mile. We get 26+ miles per tank....every tank. Pure hiway will get 29. This car is comfortable, reliable, economical, fast and very useful in everyday life. VERY easy to get in and out of. Seats are supportive and comfortable. Great cargo area with easy access. Good hidden storage also. I love this "truck". Bottom line.........I recommend this vehicle to all in the market for a midsize SUV.

Expensive, but you get what you pay for

tostig, 03/01/2013
xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Traded in my old 2003 BMW X5 for a shiny new 2013 BMW X3 28i. It doesn't have quite the build quality of the X5, but on the other hand, doesn't cost $80,000 either. Road feel, handling, steering, and general sportiness/fun are outstanding. The 28i 4 cyllinder turbo is surprisingly powerful and capable. Absolutely love the interior and all the tech gadgets (sat nav, bluetooth, large computer screen, whole music library on hard disk, etc etc). Very upscale appointments and nice touches throughout. Kind of a cross between an SUV and a sport sedan, for those who want both and are willing to pay a premium to have them both embodied within the same vehicle.

Never again.

Gerry, 07/09/2018
xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We have had repeated "Drive Train Malfunction" warnings that our dealership has stabbed in the dark at fixing. Most recently they wrote on the repair receipt that they were "100 % Certain" that everything was fixed. We drove only FIVE miles when the same warning came on. The dealership is now saying it is the turbo charger and timing belt!! This is after $6000 of repairs on other features that causes the same warning.

12345...9