Used 2016 Audi Q5 Diesel Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Audi Q5 Diesel Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

New owner
By New Owner

2016 Audi Q5 Diesel TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Expect typical depreciation for german car, I have only 200 miles on my new one but anticipate keeping it 15+/- years which if you do the math pencils out; so far I have thoroughly enjoyed it but can only provide limited review due to my limited time in the vehicle although in the short time I have driven it I love the performance, road manners and it may be getting great mileage as the needle has barely moved since I picked up the vehicle.

King of the Road
By Ash4Audi

2016 Audi Q5 Diesel TDI Premium Plus S Line quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Vault like build quality, feels like driving an elegant and maneuverable mini-tank on the road!

Love my Audi!
By sonia o

Audi Q5 SLine premium
By Bill Druyun

Car is everything we hoped for. Price was exceptional thru Edmunds. Car is comfortable and smooth to drive. Should give us years of great service.

Not so Great SUV!
By Bill

2016 Audi Q5 Diesel TDI Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

We bought the 2016 3.0 TDI prestige package with all options and initial we are very happy with the choice we made. Fuel economy is still very good and the handling is excellent. The only minor inconveniences are that it lacks USB ports and the color navigation screen is not touch screen which makes it somewhat cumbersome. This model year does not come with apple iPhone interface. This technology is available in much less expensive American and Chinese made SUV's. The steering wheel media/phone controls are very limited in their functions. In order to lower the volume or change audio tracks you need to reach down to the knob that is located on the center counsel making you have to momentarily remove your eyes from the road. The location of the cruise control is also very bad. Again you need to remove your eyes from the road in order to not confuse it with the turn signal switch which is located above the CC switch. The VW Golf that I own has much better steering wheel media and CC equipment integration management. Other then that it has a very confrontable ride for an SUV. All in all compared to other USA brand SUVs in the same luxury category, the 2016 Audi Q5 falls short on the attention to details in the ergonomic/technology department. In my opinion "Made in Germany" is not that good anymore. Its paid for so I have to keep it for a while.