Skip to main content

4.25 out of 5 stars

Audi A6 2.8 Quattro

__ty__, 11/25/2011
2.8 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Ok, so i bought this car off of my inlaws, who bought it certified with 25k on the odo. After owning it myself for 3 yrs, it now has 155k on it. It runs smoothly and effortlessly on the freeway and in and out of traffic around town. A pleasure to drive in all types of weather. Sure-footed confidence in rain, snow & ice. I put 4 studded snow tires on it each winter and have no trouble climbing any WV mountains! Amazing. I repair most things that break myself to keep repairs down to a minimum. 1 yr ago the timing chain guide rail (plastic), broke and cost me a new head! I did most of the work myself with a friend. That one set me back $1,000. A fluke I suppose...gas mileage is so-so.

3 out of 5 stars

Bought it used.. too expensive to fix!!

Sarah M, 05/10/2016
2.8 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Audi A6 2.8 Quattro with 121000 miles in 2014. In the last two years I've put $3000 into it and that was at small area mechanics. It's hard to find someone that knows how to fix them so take it to someone that fixes German cars! The labor is the worst because they're so hard to work on. I feel like every year I dish out more then it's worth at this point, so trying to get a new car and it won't be an Audi. I've had many leaks and the closed transmission system is a pain bc u can't add fluid manually if it's leaking. Also the pixels on the dash were going out when I bought it. Other than that the Quattro has gotten us through SEVERAL feet of snow no problem! That and the Bose system are probably the only good aspects of buying an older model with over 100k miles. Word of advice: make sure it was properly maintained at reputable dealerships and make sure u can afford the repaid costs!

5 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
4.38 out of 5 stars

Pleased with purchase overall

Thomas, 06/30/2010
2.8 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car over a year ago and thought a review would be of some help for others looking to purchase one. This is a great looking, great handling and riding vehicle considering the $4500 I paid for it. It was maintained well by the previous owner and had 130K on it when I purchased it. About 13,000 miles later here is what I have replaced: Aux. Fan for AC - $100, Two Front axles - $150, Front Brake Pads - $68.00, and Two Cam Seals - $16.00 for both. Audi wanted $1,800 to replace cam-seals. It took me approx 8 hrs to repair that problem. These are nice cars that are capable of running for a long time if maintained properly. If you are on a tight budget, don't buy one.

4.75 out of 5 stars

My favorite car ever

Em.KIM, 08/15/2008
2.8 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

When I saw my Audi, there was no doubt that it was the one I wanted. I enjoyed it right from the start and still find it a pleasure to drive. I like a car that stands out--and it does. It catches the eye and it is the best car I've ever owned. It's not perfect, but it's fun to drive and the comfort can't be beat. The heated leather seats are soothing on a cold winter's drive home from shopping.

4.25 out of 5 stars

A solidly built German car

AmJosh, 11/02/2009
2.8 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Audi A6 quattro with 2.8 V6 after reading a lot of reviews about this car. There were too many problems reported with 2.7T, so kept away from that. This 2.8 V6 can surely use more power, especially at low speeds. However, if you are little patient, the speed builds effortlessly from about 40-50 MPH. The ride quality is awesome. Little stiff for city driving, however the solid grip it has on the road makes for it. The car is built like a tank and you feel it at high speeds. The car gets more and more stable with higher speed. This is a huge difference in feeling after coming from cars like toyota camry and highlander. I love the interior and exterior looks and quality of material.