Used 2010 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Nothing But Problems
By Ykolie

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I purchased a used 2010 audi a4, gorgeous car but underneath nothing but mechanical issues. I’m a realist and understand that these things happen but it’s the response of Audi and Parker Audi that made it worse. Unfortunately my vehicle was plagued with the all too well known oil consumption issue. My car was still under the extended warranty so I could gave gotten the problem diagnosed and hopefully resolved free of charge but my local Audi dealer did not give me any confidence that resolving the oil consumption issue was going to happen. If anyone is in the market for a used Audi a4 do yourself a favor and research audi a4 oil consumption issue extensively before making your purchase and save yourself the headache i went through. I will never touch another audi after this and it’s stemmed from the bad customer service I received from Audi.

A piece of crap!
By Reginald McInnis

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If you are thinking and going to purchase an Audi...BEWARE! This Audi A4 Quattro has nothing short but a daytime nightmare for me. When I purchased this vehicle in April 2014,the car had 57,000 miles on it and the car was good. At 74,000 I found out the oil consumption issue which was an oil separator kit and the dealer fixed it for free. At 77,121 the turbocharger went bad and the dealer replaced the turbocharger that costs $2800.00 which I had to pay. On March 17, 2017 a day in which I will never forget! The car failed to start when I was ready to leave work on one of the coldest days of the year and when the car was towed to the shop the dealer said the engine was no good, the diagnosis was the timing chain jumped a tooth casing damage to the cylinder head, timing chain and tensioner which will cost $6400.00 to fix. This was a major problem Audi knew about and having the consumer pay for it is absurd. I joined a class action lawsuit against Audi of America because I have read different posts about this issue.Audis are great cars to drive but when major problems occur they are nothing but huge money pits!

Audi A Good Value
By Julie Arch

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

A good choice in this price class.

Awesome Audi!!!
By David Holmes

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a very nice, reliable car. I am truly enjoying the ride.........

2010 Audi A4 2.0 T Prem Plus
By Bob W

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

#1. Oil consumption - when I purchased this car it used 1 qt oil every 1k to 1100k miles. I took it to the dealer. They worked on electronics and breather and added oil. They told me to drive it until the oil light came on. Record the miles driven. Bring it back for further tests. They took sample of oil and found metal in the oil. I was told that from 2009 - 2012, there was slag on the piston rings causing oil to drip and burn causing excess use of oil. Dealer replaced Pistons and rings. My car does not use any oil. Can go oil change to oil change without adding any oil. #2. Turbo - At approx 51 k miles, engine light came on. Took car to dealer for diagnostics. Turned out to be faulty turbo. Audi extended warranty of 7 years or 70k miles covered this repair. #3. Water pump - Replaced at approx 40k miles. Out of pocket expense. Approx $600.00. #4. Fuel injectors - While I have not had any problems with fuel injectors, there is extended warranty on the injectors of 12 years or 100k miles.