Used 2006 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Great choice for my first convertible
By lmbandy

2006 Audi A4 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bought a 2006 A4 Cabrio with only 20,000 miles on it early last year - a one-owner vehicle. Not sure why someone would own such a fun car for 10 years and leave it in the garage the whole time. The vehicle was a nightmare the first six months - over $4k in repairs, including a new top, brand new rotors and discs (at 21,000 miles!), four new tires, repaired oil leak, leather door cover separation, glove box broken hinges, battery, and water pump/timing belt. I was about ready to part with it after that initial period. Not a repair since (going on a full year now), and it is such a great everyday vehicle! It’s a lot of fun except on the very hottest days. The acceleration is adequate for a little 1.8l, and the fuel economy is fantastic, nearly 29 mpg combined. The pups love sitting in the back, soaking up the smells on the way to the beach. The technology is fairly outdated for a 2006 model (it actually has a cassette deck lol). But it does have a 6-cd player, all the power options and nice heated leather seats. My wife hated the idea of owning a third vehicle for two of us but now loves tooling around town with me with the top down.

Looks nice...... costly to own
By Chris in GA

2006 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my 2006 Audi A4 brand new. I still own the car and have only about 120k miles on it. I work from home so don't have to drive it far daily...just to the day care and back to pick up the kids. It really only sees more rd on the weekend and then it's still not that much as you can tell based on mileage. The car drives great. It has wonderful handling and looks nice still after being nearly 12 years old. My major problem is simply the cost of owning the vehicle. I've made sooo many repairs, I feel as if I could have purchased a 2nd car ( non luxury) with all the money that I've spent on this one. At some point I probably should have cut my losses, but I'd had so much money invested, it always seemed the better choice to just fix this " one last thing" to get more life out of the car. The check engine light stays on for one reason or another and I've fixed several oil leaks. My poor garage floor is nasty. Dealership even told me, as if it were no big thing at all' Oh yeah oil leaks are a common thing with german cars. " Not my words. Of course I only take it to the dealership for those specialized things that need to get fixed because of their Cost. Sometimes though it's just necessary. No one knows the car like them. They had to fix a thing here and there that stomped other german mechanics ( brakes not working properly only in the morning for example. ) As it is today. if I could go back in time, would I purchase this car again. A resounding "No" is my answer to that question as of today. Maybe my tune will change if I can get another 5 years out of it without significant repairs. Then I'll feel like I got my money's worth out of it.

Audi A4
By Brenda Cline

2006 Audi A4 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Repairs can be expensive but that comes with the Audi brand and technology. I love my Audi A 4 the driving experience is excellent! It is a reliable car as long as you keep up the maintenance .

2006 audi a4 check engine light always on
By M_A_B

2006 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I owned acura integra,Toyota Corolla and Mitsubishi Lancet evolution 8,driving Japanese cars is much easier, cheap to maintain and check engine light barely turn on. Before I buying any type of cars i do my research on Edmunds consumer review and how this people rate the 2006 audi a4 "great car" is a lie because first year of owing it in had nothing but headaches on repairs and terrible gas mileage on a stock car(normal driving). I do my regular oil change 3k miles,transmission fluid flush at 100k and do most of the repair myself and check engine light never ends, after fixing one thing a different check light codes pops up. I spend $2000 in oem parts within the last 3 years owning it,cam followers,pcv valves,brake booster hoses,spark plugs coil packs all replaced. Interior is also falling apart my glove compartment hinges replaced ,center console arm replaced, passenger back window motor replaced,window button peeling off replaced, rear back seat cup holder won't open i think the spring is damage inside to pop out. Overall this 2006 a4 is garbage and I won't be owing any audi a4 ever again.

Avants are great...Audi must bring the S4/RS4!
By Rich Martin

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Well designed, comfortable, back seat in the older models not as space efficient as it should be for legroom.