Used 2007 Audi A3 Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Audi A3

View reviews for a specific A3 model:

Surpurised by lack of quality
By Colorado

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great, versatile car. It offers a fun to drive, economical vehicle that can also hull a large amount of equipment, especially with the rear seats folded down. I don't think any other car on the market has all of this. I purchased the S-line with just about every option available. I can't imagine living without rain sensing wipers now. Which leads to my dilemma. I will have to replace this car before the warranty runs out. I have had three major issues with the vehicle with a total down time of well over a month, and this within the first year of ownership. I hate to say it, but I cannot recommend this car based on its poor reliability.

Can haul a lot more stuff than my Lotus Elise, and although not near the performer as the Elise, still pretty fun to drive. Also, gets great gas mileage for the performance given.

Make a car that doesn't break down on a monthly basis. If I was paying for the repairs, I'd be in the 4 digit range, which is why I sold my Ferrari.

Love this car!
By cj0203

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. I have approximately 6000 miles on it. I like the feel of the car - very nicely done - and the pick up, but the engine noise is a bit loud. The manual says to shift earlier - right. I am a bit disappointed about having to choose between the Ipod plug or Sirius. For this kind of money you would think they could figure out how to include both options together. I really love the sun roof and moon roof. The drive is smooth and the seats are comfortable. I drove everything from the Fit to the A3 and by far this was the best car if you are looking for a hatchback. The only problem I have had was a bad sensor in the fuel tank set off the engine light, but it was fixed.

Steering wheel dials for radio; armrest in backseat; dual sun roof and moon roof; smooth drive; feel of the car

Cannot have both Ipod connector and Sirius; S-line does not come with power seats standard; brakes squeaking; fuel economy is terrible in a major city - highway is good

So far, my A3 is a blast and a half!
By Willie Gee

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my A3 because I wanted a vehicle with smaller dimensions than my '98 Passat, but I wanted many of the qualities I enjoyed in the VW that I didn't find in Japanese or American vehicles. The dimensions for parking in crowded Seattle is a blessing. The acceleration performance is wonderful, and handling is very good but not great. The practicality is what I wanted. I finally was convinced that it made sense to now own an auto trans mainly because of the excellent 6-spd. twin clutch auto. I realize I could have purchased a VW Rabbit/Golf GTI with many of the same qualities and features for far less, but I wanted the more premium features of the Audi, and I prefer its exterior design.

Auto trans., engine, interior, features, build and fit quality, safety features, exterior size, what a huge glove box on such a small car, and that's with the 5-disc CD system included.

More supportive seating for the rear ends of drivers. Daytime driving lights. Ext. mirror turn signals. Get a contemporary cell phone/Bluetooth/navigation system; the Audi A3's is too expensive and doesn't accommodate most cell phones for voice use.

Audi A3 is Good
By Sutcliffe

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The A3 is delightfully deceptive, looking small on the outside but airy and roomy inside and appearing underpowered by a 2 liter engine but providing more get up and go than many larger engines. In addition, it's beautifully assembled and it handles like a true sport. Fuel efficiency is good, averaging 29 mpg. The iPod interface works well, the sound system is super, the steering responsive and sure, and the wipers clear without clatter or skipping.

Get up and go. Well designed, comfortable interior. IPod interface good. Roomy but small.

The Pirelli tires are noisy and hard riding. The arm rests are too low.

Superb
By 79type2

2007 Audi A3 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my A3 for over a month and absolutley love it. The only option I wanted and got is the Open Sky System, which has worked pretty much flawlessly. I've been averaging between 29 and 30 miles per gallon (highest slightly over 32, lowest slightly over 26). Runs fine on 89 octane and hasn't required the addition of any oil. Cargo room seems endless (I can fit two large laundry baskets behind the rear seats without having to fold them down). I have noticed an occasional light rattle in the driver's side A-pillar, and, when approaching speeds of 80 mph, a humming noise from the passenger side of the front sunroof. Also, parking brake is obstructed when front armrest is down.

Open Sky System, 6-Speed manual shifts excellently, 2.0T engine runs great, not too much electronic garbage, good gas mileage, great cargo room, good handling, exceptional performance, impressive cruise control, overall a great value for the money, superior build quality, excellent front cupholders.

Move parking brake away from armrest, make power mirrors, windows, locks, and dual climate optional, make leather steering wheel and parking brake standard, include full size spare as standard equipment.