Used 2008 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura TL Type-S Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

highly satisfied customer
By Dag

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

this is very good car if its well maintained, over all i am satisfied, it looks outstanding, even in 2018 it gets complements a lot, very reliable, acceleration is great, its fast car for US highways, but the thing other people might not like is the ride quality, it feels like a track car, it has stiff suspension so keep that in mind, and also the ground clearance is low, the car seats lower than the average sedan, so its good to know these things before buying, for me personally i like the car more for these reasons but other people might not,

Buy this car
By Jason D

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. I drive aggressively and average 24mpg and 28-29 on highway trips. The best shifting manual I have ever owned. Clutch is light compared to most cars and is little difficult to get used to but now I love everything about the car. I purchased at 111k miles (cannot tell a difference in it and 10k mile car) now have 132k in a year and a half of ownership. Does not interface with new smartphones well for Bluetooth is my only real complaint. It is a fantastic car for the most part. The interior is very nice and I have not suffered the notorious dash crack from heat as others have experienced. It would be hard for me to ever get rid of this car I like it that much! Will probably keep until 300k miles + ! Buy this car!!

Very disappointed
By Mike

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not the kind of hope and dreams I had about owning this car,it has from one problem to the other and the dealership keep saying they don't find anything wrong with the car and all I can say is my older camry with 200k miles drove better than this.

My Dream Car
By Meech

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I always wanted this car since high school. I made my dream come true found a 2008 with under 70 K.To most people this is a downgrade from my previous car but to me it was a upgrade. This is a car I will drive until the wheels fall off . I cannot wait until I put my supercharger inside of it.

Will keep it for ever!
By Guilmer Hernandez

2008 Acura TL Type-S Type-S 4dr Sedan w/High-Performance Tires (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

It's a great car overall. I love speed and this car has it! Takes off great! It's a manual transmission, not auto. I've taken it for road trips and it's comfortable. Great handles and the reaction is just great. Trunk space is good enough. I have a 2 yr old and the stroller fits well along with camping tents and sleeping bags plus 3 personal bags.