Skip to main content

Used 2005 Acura TL 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M) Consumer Reviews

4.9 out of 5 stars
12 reviews
List Price Estimate

Used TL for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

2005 Acura TL A-Spec 6-speed, with Navigation, 1

MARK KRUGER, 04/29/2016
3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The 6 speed manual really makes this car come to life. I highly recommend driving one if you can find one, especially the A-Spec edition like I own.

2005 Acura TL 6M

JIMBOS TL, 12/05/2004
3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just took delivery of the 05 TL last week. This is my 3rd tank fill-up so far and love it more and more. The 6M tranny with the short throw shifter shifts crisply and smoothly. I traded my 03 Type-S for this car. It rides and corners like a champ! Engine turns 2k at 80 mph. Good power at any speed, better fuel economy with the 6M than my previous 5AT. I dont know how the brembo brakes will last compare to the stock brakes on my previous TL. The stereo system is better than my last one. I'm new to the navigational system, so I don't have any comment on that. This is my 3rd Acura and it won't be my last, you can't beat Honda's reliability (unless compared with the Lexus). That's it.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Acura TL -The Best Value On The Road

pjk, 04/30/2005
3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Terrific performance for the money - this is the best value car on the road today. Navigation system knocks spots off the one in our 2001 BMW 540i and the Acura is 100% more reliable than its garage mate. Acura could improve the turn radius and make the steering wheel telescope but otherwise they've thought of everything. The Bridgestone performance tires were a big disappointment and wore out after 12,000 miles - with no hot-rodding to hasten their demise. We replaced them with Pirellis and are much happier. This is my 3rd Acura (1995 Legend, 2000 TL) and I love the brand. The availability of a manual transmission in the 2004 TL was a key selling point for this family.

4.5 out of 5 stars

4.5 Months and 12,000 Miles Later.......

TW, 05/12/2005
3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I drive 65 miles each way every day in my commute. This is hands down the most fun car I have owned for a combination of highway and country driving. The fit and finish are unequalled. The driver response is superb. This car gives me all I could want. Last Friday, I had to "put it down" hard as an opposing driver fell asleep and drove through 2 utility poles coming towards me. I went from 50MPH to O in 30 ft., traveling off dry pavement through mud and into a neighboring grass lawn coated in thick dew. It tracked straight with no "yaw", and it stopped on a dime.

One Hot Car

Morgan, 01/07/2006
3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After driving a '96 Maxima SE for 8 years, I decided it was time to step up a notch. Considered both the TL and the Infiniti G30 both with manual transmissions. Performance, to me, was quite evenly matched, but the fit and finish of the TL blew the G out of the water. This car is GREAT to drive and begs for you to put your right foot to the floor. It's scary how easy it is to top 100 mph in this car and not realise it. As the engine is so quite, even at 6,000 rpm, the rev limiter is a necessary piece of technology in this car. Passengers love the dual climate control and satellite radio. Don't lease this baby b/c you'll hate the restriction of limited miles. She wants to be driven!