Used 1999 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used TL for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

Love this car but problems are starting to add up

danielle_1989, 02/28/2011
3.2 4dr Sedan

I love this car I got it in 2007; It drives so nice and love all the features that this older car has to offer. Problems are starting to add up the driver seat is ripping and it is leaking oil and in order to figure out why they would have to tare the engine apart. Also major problem the catalytic converter is going and was told that cost a lot to fix, also the lights are really stupid to change cost me $400 to change the bulbs and they had to tare my engine apart just for that. Gas miles are okay not too bad. I really do love this car and if nothing was wrong with it I would run it till it died. One more thing Not good in the snow at all!!

Terrible transmission

Sam, 10/06/2008
3.2 4dr Sedan

Wheel bearings have been replaced 3 times, worst is transmission was replaced at 7K, 50K and 100K miles. Reliability of this vehicle is very poor. Honda should be ashamed of this car.

Good while it lasted, now moving on...

Jamnurse, 10/09/2009
3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with about 24k miles, currently 164k. Was gonna try to push it til 200k, but, Engine light staying on for a year now. Car has shut off on me twice while at the stop light (have a new battery). Ignition switch was changed out under the recall. EGR changed a few times. Engine going. I put quite a bit of $$ into it already. No sense putting any more. I got my thrill for 9 years. I had visor, wood grain and wing put on. I loved my car. Will always have a place in my heart... I think I'm done with acura though. Don't like the shape of new TL. I like the RL, but, I think I'm getting GS300.

Transmission Replaced 3 times!

Kristina, 10/28/2007
3.2 4dr Sedan

This vehicle was my favorite, wanted to keep it forever! Until I had to replace the transmission 3 times, so I dumped it at a pawn shop! Didn't have the conscience to sell it outright to a buyer, because of the tranny issue. I spoke with an employee of Honda Research and Development, and he told me there was an inherent transmission problem that wouldn't go away. He said to buy a Honda product newer than 2002. Other than that, I owned the car for over 4 years. Sexy car, but born with a lifetime defect that ended up costing me money, because the new transmissions were only covered under warranty for 10k miles. Don't buy it! It will cost you money!!

Could Have Been Much Better

John, 03/07/2008
3.2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an auction at 102,000 miles. The transmission died at 116,000 miles, and I mean it. The car left me on the highway. Figures most 1999 models had some kind of transmission problem. Besides the trans, I had various issues ranging from cat to the sensors and some other stuff costing me around $6000 including the trans. Overall do not buy it as a second owner. And the seats make annoying sounds and so does the dashboard and the sunroof. It is annoying, really. However I am sure that these problems are fixed on the 2004 tls so when i can afford one i will definitely buy it.

12345...18