2016 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Comfortable ride, absolutely horrible GPS system
By Ellen

2016 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Overall, the car rides comfortably and reliably, handles well in all weather conditions. My only two complaints: the transmission is a bit sluggish (took it in and they did an update, but don't really notice a difference) and the GPS is absolutely horrible. I am very disappointed that, after spending $50k on a brand new car - a car where, btw, the GPS is not standard (included in the technology package, which I have) - the GPS is utterly substandard. Not only is it slow, it takes 5 minutes to enter in an address, and half the time it is just plain WRONG. Very frustrating. I have to use my Garmin because it is so worthless. Acura owes better to its customers.

2016 Acura MDX ... NO Spare tire ... no tools
By Peter

2016 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

The base model has no spare tire and no tools to change one. I was stuck with a flat tire and had to go through an ordeal to get the flat fixed.

Transmission bad!!
By Debbie

2016 Acura MDX SUV SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I purchased a 2016 Acura MDX from Jay Wolfe Honda in Kansas City, MO and so far my total overall experience is a "0" I have had my car in the shop for about 20% of the time I have owned it and my last repair was to replace the transmission with 10,000 miles on the vehicle! It still shifts jerky at low speed but I haven't taken the car back because I am going to pursue the lemon law and/or Acura arbitration. I had a loud noise in the rear end, after they replaced the struts (after 3 repair attempts) and it is better. There are 3 Service Bulletins out there for those of you who want to try them TSB No 16-035 replace rear suspension dampers and rear upper mount bushings. TSB No 15-039 Replace transmission end cover gaskets TSB No 15-054 Software update in powertrain and transmission control modules. I called Acura and none of these were linked to my specific vehicle VIN #. Had they replaced the gaskets, I may not have had a fluid leak which supposedly caused the transmission replacement. The module update is supposed to correct the shifting - that is questionable. The rear end work did help the noise in the rear end. I could continue with minor detail issued but suffice to say I WOULD NOT purchase nor would I recommend anyone to purchase an Acura MDX!!

Transmission went after 15k
By Krang

2016 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I have had my SUV in for repairs several times. Window would go up and down. In the fourth try they almost fixed it. It doesn't just go down on its own any longer. It just doesn't stay up if you roll it down. It takes about 4-5 tries. The USB ports don't work. They said it's my phone, I have had 6 chargers and a new phone since my purchase. The computer/transmission has been in 3 times. They claimed it was a computer issue with shifting. However when my car failed to go over 30 MPH. I called, their response was there is no engine light on, there is no problem. However after my car being there for a week, they called to let me know the transmission is faulty and needs to be replaced. I called my sales rep (who we've used for 5 cars) to see if he could swap my car out for a similar one. He didn't help and told me to call Acura and file a complaint. He also said they will not do anything to help you. Extremely disappointed after spending 50k on a lemon. I did plan on purchasing this car at the end of the lease.

MDX has major problem, Please read before buying
By CaryRaleigh

2016 Acura MDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I have bought a brand new Acura MDX in February, 2016. My experience with my new Acura MDX is pretty bad so far.
On June 20th, I had the first experience of the problem with dashboard showing that there is Transmission, Emission, and all other system problem. The car stopped on the road. Later it started but continue to flash the warnings.
This same problem occurred second time on September 6th and at the time, I was starting the car and it won't even start. Later it started but continue to flash the warnings. I took the car to Acura dealership on these both occasions and it shows up later.
Again, Third time it happened on October 30th. Checkout the https://community.cartalk.com/t/dashboard-showing-that-there-is-transmission-emission-and-all-other-system-problem/96331 for multiple people reporting the issue. Please think hard before you sink in 50K for this car.