Used 2005 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 205 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Dependable 2005 Acura MDX
By Mike

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a terrific car! I've kept up with suggested mtce requirements and performed most of it at dealerships. I'm now approaching 200,000 miles and starting to look for my next car. This is my second Acura (Integra) and they have been great cars. Whatever my next car is I hope it is as reliable and sturdy as this one.

2005 MDX Touring w navi & res - BEST SUV
By brittanyahh@gmail.com

All i can say is this is the greatest purchase ive ever made. They really made a beast with this one, i just revived a flooded tranni w/ busted radiator .. Few flushes & replacements later i still havent spent what its worth and it, honest to goodness i cant make this up, it runs. like. new @ 222,179 miles ladies and gentlemen. I could not tell you of another engine that would not only handle that kind of damage while driving with strawberry milk in my tranni oil for a week, unknowingly. Never once did it putter, squeek, squeel, tick, shake.. Just ran smooth, with a little less power. It still blows my mind that this is my daily driver now lol. I recommend this car because of its outstanding safety and reliability, not to mention cost of repairs are not an arm and a leg because they're Honda parts. (how brilliant) If i could give any advise, keep up with your maint. spend a few extra dollars to get better quality fluids/parts. Youll thank yourself later. :)

My MDX is a great vehicle
By Weston Rowe

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle I've owned. Gas mileage is only 15-17 in the city but much better on the interstate, so it makes up for it. I've had no issues with this vehicle so far it's got 150k and I bought it at 130k so it's still kinda new to me, but it feels very put together and is great on the interstate. I'm 6'3" and I gotta say it's about 2 inches short height wise when I'm driving, If I sit all the way up the top of my vision is looking through the very bottom of the factory tint strip on the top where the rearview mirror is glued. So I'd say if you're under 6 feet tall you'll have no problems with this vehicle. Definitely recommend, and it's a unique vehicle not too many on the road because it's a fairly new model , relatively. The Japanese know what they're doing, let's face it why drive anything else when you're going to drop serious coin on a huge machine like this. I'm really glad I bought it, and takes care of everything I need without a pick-up truck payment.

Biggest mistake of the decade
By BB

If you are buying an Acura MDX of 2005, big mistake, we bought it, used it for a decade just fine, don't get me wrong, there was no issues with her from 2010 ( we bought her used) till 2014. We paid and kept updated for everything we possibility can. In last 2 years, we have spent for transmission, brakes, spark plug, coil, batteries, tires and brakes, some of these are repeated expenses. Total of approximately $11,000 in last 1 year and she stopped on me again this morning. I wish I had taken a new one instead of investing so much on her. What a rotten piece of machine. Yes I don't have a right to complain because she did fine for the first decade, but what is the point of keeping a constant flow of expenses if this is what we have to deal with.

Impressed!
By MDXEEE

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have a black MDX Touring AWD with Navigation. By far the best navigation system built-in ever! It actually works. Love the car, comfy and nice interior! We traded it in in 2010 for a minivan, because it had very limited 2nd and third row room, especially with bulky car seats. But a pretty good car!