2017 Acura ILX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Acura ILX Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ILX model:

A new Dud
By Laurel Blue

2017 Acura ILX Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

I just leased a new 2017 Acura ILX two months ago. This was the seventh Acura I've owned or leased, beginning with the 5 cylinder Vigor many years ago. I loved each and every one of these cars...except this one. I HATE it. There should be a warning sign on these- "Watch out! Buy this if you're a dummy." The "new" 8 gear transmission, with two clutches, is way too complex and does not offer performance as Acura bills it. The car hunts for gears as you accelerate, and has very little power from 10mph to 40 mph when you are accelerating. The car lugs in the lower gears. My previous car, a 2014 Acura ILX was perfection itself. I should have kept it. The most annoying aspect of this new car? The muffler. Acura is apparently ignoring its traditional (loyal) adult audience and seeking to attract new users that are young men in their 20's. So they have "boosted" the HP, but this is not accurate. The car is much less powerful than before, despite the claims for higher HP. And it is supposed to be thriftier on gas, but so far (I now have a little under 2000 miles) it is not as much of a gas-saver as was my 2014 Acura ILX. The worst thing? The muffler. It is noisy as all get-out. I suppose this was to attract those young males. I would do anything to get a different muffler that is quiet. I do not wish to hear the constant "throaty growl" Acura has decided is necessary. I keep thinking 33 tortured months to go...Arrgh.