Used 2017 Acura ILX Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used ILX for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Regressing but still worthy

SDA, 12/15/2016
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

Feels like Honda literally sent Acura a civic LX and they "pimped your ride" with some leather and such. Back in 2007 with my first new Acura, the TSX was with navi or not, and came fully loaded with all the other features and was tons of fun to drive, especially in the twisties (mine was a 6 speed manual). Now they have packages and trim levels (no manual trans offering) and it seems the value of Acura has gotten lost and swept up to try and compete with heavily option oriented luxury brands where you're nickle and dimed for each and every convenience. "Pleather" and heated seats, bluetooth and a dual clutch trans are all nice and standard features but also very basic ones you'll find on most cars with stickers in the low $20k range these days. If you want a touch screen entertainment system you'll pony up $2,000 for the premium package and also get some nick-nack features like perforated leather and blind spot detection. If not you're stuck with the 2006 looking blue interface that is way past its due date to be redone. The 17" wheels they put on this thing belong on a base model civic in my opinion and make the car look a touch like it's trying way too hard to be cutting edge styled, otherwise the styling of the car may be one of it's higher selling points. 2.4L motor is standard now so 201hp but it still feels like it could use a kick in the pants in that department for being damn near $30,000. Truthfully it really is just a very comfortable, better looking Civic that you can lease for under $300 a month with $0 down, however, it may be the best thing you can get for that price in the luxury market.

Snazzy Little Car

Tricia, 07/20/2017
Technology Plus Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

When we decided to buy a new car we looked at the Honda Accord, Subaru Legacy and the ILX. The Subaru had a lot of safety features but wasn't very attractive. Honda surprisingly didn't ride that smoothly and if I wanted all the bells and whistle was very pricey. We have a 2006 TL and it has been a great car so we decided to look at Acura and the last car we saw was the ILX and it was IT! The ride was smooth and had much more power than I thought it would, it has all the bells and whistles I wanted and the safety features that Subaru has. We were able to get the Tech Plus for a price lower than both the Honda and Subaru with the features we got. I've had the car a couple of weeks and the gas mileage is great and I'm truly enjoying it. I've had several people comment on how good looking the car is. I see other reviews slamming this car but this 60 year old Nana with a snazzy red little car couldn't be happier.

Great car at a fantastic price

Victoria Smyth, 09/09/2017
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

I bought this car to replace a 2001 Integra. This car is different (let's face it. There are few cars available today which are going to handle like the Integra.). Most modern vehicles have electric steering (ugh) and McPherson struts or something similar. The double wishbone is gone for the most part. HOWEVER, although this car is different, it is still a lot of fun to drive. It handles extremely well with a lot of horsepower for its size. The steering is good for electric and there is good feedback. This is he first automatic I have owned in many decades of driving. My advice: put it in sport mode, step on the gas and look for some winding roads. You won't regret it! March 2018. It is 7 months on and there has not been a single problem with this vehicle. It handles pretty well in the snow. It handles well on wet pavement. It is nimble and very quick on dry pavement. I drive in comfort mode to commute and it responds very well when I need to merge into traffic. CR rated the ride poor, but I don't find it so. I think it is perfect for a "sport sedan". I've hit a few very bad potholes with no serious side effects. Two minor complaints: the armrests are too low and there is no dome light. Otherwise, it is excellent.

A new Dud

Laurel Blue, 10/16/2016
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

I just leased a new 2017 Acura ILX two months ago. This was the seventh Acura I've owned or leased, beginning with the 5 cylinder Vigor many years ago. I loved each and every one of these cars...except this one. I HATE it. There should be a warning sign on these- "Watch out! Buy this if you're a dummy." The "new" 8 gear transmission, with two clutches, is way too complex and does not offer performance as Acura bills it. The car hunts for gears as you accelerate, and has very little power from 10mph to 40 mph when you are accelerating. The car lugs in the lower gears. My previous car, a 2014 Acura ILX was perfection itself. I should have kept it. The most annoying aspect of this new car? The muffler. Acura is apparently ignoring its traditional (loyal) adult audience and seeking to attract new users that are young men in their 20's. So they have "boosted" the HP, but this is not accurate. The car is much less powerful than before, despite the claims for higher HP. And it is supposed to be thriftier on gas, but so far (I now have a little under 2000 miles) it is not as much of a gas-saver as was my 2014 Acura ILX. The worst thing? The muffler. It is noisy as all get-out. I suppose this was to attract those young males. I would do anything to get a different muffler that is quiet. I do not wish to hear the constant "throaty growl" Acura has decided is necessary. I keep thinking 33 tortured months to go...Arrgh.

Best Japanese car out there!

Kane, 04/21/2017
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

My 2017 ILX, The day I was looking for a car. I scrambled from plenty of vehicles! First the Civic but to slow, Camry but no features, Rogue but too pricey, Sonata but too slow and expensive. Than I fell in love with my ILX, It was the best car I have driven out of all the four cars I listed. I drive 45 minutes from my house to Manhattan and it was saving me money and was a quiet and comfortable ride. I had a 2012 Passat SEL but I had so many problems and waste so much money that If I add all the maintenance prices plus the passat I could have boughten I Lexus or BMW, So I got the ILX. I had this for 2 years and no problems and at all. It's fast, reliable, fuel efficient and the money is worth it! My wife truly loves our ILX and I will hold on to it forever.