2003 Volvo XC90 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
pretty solid
By jj on 01/26/05 23:57 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I have had this auto for two years now. I still get looks while driving. It is a very comfortable auto to drive and lots of safety stuff too.

36K Miles
By Mike McNutt on 01/16/05 18:49 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Ours is fully equipped with everything. We driven it 36K miles and really like the car. We have taken 3500 mile trips, and two over 2000 miles. I like the car as a daily driver as well. We have had trouble with the brakes, light coming on and the power assist, was in five times for the problem, but never a safety issue, just a nuisance. Avg. 20-22 mpg on hwy, 14-17 in town. The best 26mpg. Plenty of power for everything except drag racing.

There is no other SUV in this league
By Sam Samaha on 12/25/04 18:16 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Combine build quality, safety, design, and safety into the ultimate SUV and you get the XC90 T6, Contrary to the media's view, I drove both the 5 and 6 and found the 5 to be very buzzy and underpowered, especially at passing speeds. The ride of this vehicle is better than many cars. I own a 2004 Passat GLX (top of the line) and I find the handling of the Volvo SUV better. We also looked at the BMW X5 3.0, MB ML320, and Acura MDX.. butI I highly recommend this vehicle.

Volvo XC90 -- 2003
By RoJo on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Toss up between the X5 and XC90--we choose the XC90. Although we're happy with the vehicle overall, the gas mileage, acceleration, audio system and navigator system need Volvo's attention. Overall the vehicle gets high marks for style (interior/exterior), craftsmanship, comfront and maintenance.

really disappointed
By oliver986 on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

love the looks, but could not be more disappointed with volvo and the vehicle. vehicle died on me 3 times, including a road trip, and other than a dealer in florida i took the car to on vacation, the dealers were not very helpful. i know 1 other xc90 t6 owner who has had the same computer ignition problem, so i'm not the only one. i wrote a letter to the ceo of volvo, who, in my owner information, said to contact him with any concerns. i have never heard back from anyone at volvo on my problems. nor did i ever hear from anyone to confirm my car was working after several roadside assistance calls. not the kind of upscale experience i expected. so i trade

Impressive Vehicle
By Buffalo Bill on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Ride is superb. Pick-up very good. Mileage 14.2 mainly around town. Fit and finish are perfect. Features are plentiful. First upscale vehicle we have owned, what a difference. Fun to drive.

Volvo XC90
By Pansy on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Fun to drive - smooth ride, comfortable seats.Navigation system is a pain - remote control programming - the Toyota has a navigation system with a keyboard to key in the addresses - much easier to use than the remote. Speeds of over 70mph on the highway cause a noisy wind humming- very annoying.Gas mileage is poor. Rear seats are for a VERY SMALL children. Other than that, we love it!

Don't waste your money!
By Soured on Volvo on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This vehicle has been in and out of the shop for the past 5 weeks. For some reason a lot of sensors keep going BAD. The last one to go bad was the gas pedal sensor while I was pulling out into traffic! I have put one set of new tires on at 10,000 miles-Volvo says this is normal. New brakes at 16,000. Now at 26,000 miles-600 extra miles traveling back and forth to the dealership for repairs and then back home I need another set of new tires! I have had it with this vehicle and will never own another Volvo. Volvo is willing to give me some kind of assitence with getting a new Volvo, but will not admit there is anything wrong with this particular xc 90

Be happy!!!
By HappyMD on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

My XC90 was the first delivered by my dealer and while people no longer stop me to ask me questions I still catch their admiring stares. Better than that it the comfort and performance. Drove through a snow storm on the PA turnpike to Pittsburg and it was like there wasn't any snow at all. It was awesome and I had to keep reminding myself to slow down even though I didn't feel like it was necessary. The seats are more comfortable than my S500 and I love it. Good solid power at all speeds and commanding braking inspire.

Great car thus far
By ColtPeyt on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Overall we have been pleased. We got what we paid for. From our demo we had a problem with the rear seatblet - Dealer is dealing with taht today - Our Dealer has been fantastic thus far. Another conern is sever black brake dust on all 4 tires after only 600 mile - Dealer says this is not a concern - we'll see.