2003 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:
Less than thrilled- Consider the T5
By farsidejohn on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I am not delighted with this car. There is a noticeable squealing whenever I back off the accelerator. The problem (thought to be turbocharger back-pressure) is currently "under investigation" by Volvo. The windshield washers are loose and turn on their own. Not the kind of build quality you would expect on a $40K+ car. Fuel economy on the T6 is awful. In summary, there are no major problems but this is not what I expected for $43K. Do not overlook the T5 version as it is nearly as fast as the T6 with smoother performance due to the 5 speed transmission. It also has much better fuel economy. If I had it to do over again, I would have bought the T5.

My XC90!
By Platy on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After waiting for 3 months, I was one of the first people to pick up their XC90. I am happy to say that the wait was well worth it! The ride is beautiful. It's alot easier to park than I expected it to be, and the 6cd stereo has alot of features.

Beautious!
By Abelaine on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

What other vehicle out there cleans the air when it drives ? I quote from my XC90 brochure 'The radiator of the XC90 has a special coating, PremAir, which converts up to 75% of the ozone it encounters into oxygen'. Volvo had waited in the wings for a decade and observed all the SUV do's and dont's and then BAM! they came out with the XC90.

Excellent SUV to have
By ncku89 on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Compared to BMW's X5, the inside and cargo space is a big advantage. Compared to MDX, it shows more lux. interior design and impressive exterior outlook. The thoughtful 3rd row seat definately outbeats GX470. Regarding the safety issue, this is so far the best among the SUV.

After 1 month
By lens on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

So far no bugs or defects. Excellent ride/handling. Very nice seats. 3rd row works and folds very conveniently. Flip down 2nd row headrests are nice for visibility. Interior very "clean" without dumb doodads. Nav system also works well and above-dash design makes it safer to consult while driving. Backup sensors also work, and are good for someone (like me) that has only driven sedans before this.

XC90 Blessings
By T5Rrrrrrr on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've driven my 2.5T to the mountain to test the power and this machine is impressive. I had to try the manual gear (geartronic) on an uphill and downhill and it works great! Mileage so far is about 18/24.

Best car of the world
By frederick on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just can't say more then now, it's a beautiful car, seriously!!!

Best car of the world
By Frederick on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just can't say more then now, it's a beautiful car, seriously!!!

very good car
By leunam on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Having driven one for about a month now, I think it's an excellent car. Handling is great, between an RX 300 and an X5. Finish is very good.

VOLVO XC90 2.5 T
By Perc1010 on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just got the XC90 about a weeks ago and it's such a great car. The interior and exterior design is phenomenal. All my friends at school are very impressed with it. So I guess Volvo can appeal to a younger crowd.