Used 2003 Volvo XC90 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

WJMJ 2003 X-C 90 T-6 Review
By wjmj

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Unbeatable safety features. A very versatile, roomy, quiet and comfortable vehicle that gives you an extremely confident road feel. All- wheel drive is excellent. Despite reviews in the press, my T-6 has shown plenty of acceleration ability, especially in 3rd and 4th gear. A very comfortable ride and excellent brakes. My vehicle has had no defects, a remarkable thing for such a complex vehicle. Gas mileage has been somewhat disappointing (15-16 around town and 18-19 on highway), even for a heavy 5,000 lbs. vehicle. Excellent climate control system. Wonderful vehicle overall.

Excellent Bi-Xenon Lights. Back up radar is a great feature. Very Comfortable Front Seats and versatile seating configuration (all seats adjust). Excellent CD sound. Very useful and light tailgate and hatch. Window pinch protection. Well thought- out interior and exterior lighting.

Annoying turbo-whistle must go. FM reception poor. Switching from Dolby PLII to 3Ch.Stereo(must to get decent FM radio reception)extremely awkward. Move Clock and temp. gauges so all can see. Cargo cover extremely flimsy.

this is what a suv should be
By plateau guy

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Had for 7 months now and love it. Gas milage is averaging almost 18-mostly non freeway-pretty good for a solid midsize suv. Lots of room for gear, and drives great- much more like a car than a truck. Could use more power, but then so could everything! Sound system sounds great with powered sub- woofer.

build quality, comfort (seats are the best), one of the best looking suvs on the road. I love having the tailgate! Great dealer experience.

Add 30 more horsepower and a 5 speed auto.

AR1
By Andres Rojo

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Great riding, flexible cargo space, comfortable to sleep in long trips (comment from my son Francisco, frequet passenger).

Nav screen Audio System

Disappointed
By California Mom

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought this car planning to take long road trips. The seat back has real problems. It is very stiff leather, not conforming to the body like leathers we've owned before, Further, it is poorly configured for a shorter person...breaks in the wrong places and is unforgiving. Additionally, the headrest does not adjust. Small foot well(no room for purse and sit straight). Dual air conditioning is usual in many car of this price range. Navigation hard to use and hard to see v. in dash ones we've had before. Clock is unreadable by passenger.

Clock that is readable by passenger. Dual air conditioning adjustments. VISOR! It doesn't cover the sun in the front and doesn't extend on the side. Softer leather for seats and adjustable head rest. Foot well for passenger that is bigger. Simplify navigation and put in the dash.

Love it - Love it - Love it!
By arrowmm

2003 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

Such a great car! Did alot of research - Edmunds really helped. The child seat was my weakness. My son is 3 and can't use it till 4. I noticed how well worth it it was the first 5:00 am I drove to work. xenon headlights made a big difference and the handling on LA freeways was so comforting - coming from an explorer HUGE difference. Worth every penny.

Size, folding side mirrors, kid booster seat, comfortable seats, telescoping steering wheel, heated seats, self dimming rearview mirror, xenon headlights, all the cup holders, sunroof, valet ticket holder, cd instruction. The lemon cookies that were sent after I bought it!

More storage in the front - need a place for my cell... Still unsure about the no lock doors I was told Volvo viewed it as a safety feature if you were in an accident, I have to think about that. I know I can just lock them myself.