2011 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
Love it
By stavrosk on 04/27/11 17:40 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion SUV AWD w/Prem Nav, Dynaudio (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have my white SEL now for 4 months with 4000miles. It is really excellent from every aspect. Friends and colleagues that have riden with me were amazed about the sunroof and the quality of the interior. It is really a high end SUV. Driving and handling is also amazing. Maybe a little bit delayed response on the gas until the turbo kicks in, but on the other hand I have not really tried to drive it with the stick on the S position. The only complain really is that I do not get anywhere near the promised consumption, usually average about 3mpg less than what is advertised for city and highway. Just wish VW would bring the turbo diesel in the US.

2011 VW Tiguan SE - Fits the big and tall!
By thegrick on 03/23/11 22:46 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just leased my 2011 Tiguan SE last week after many months of deliberation. First off, I am 6'5", so that basically eliminates 40% of all cars right off the bat. The Tiguan has more than enough leg and head room for me, and someone can realistically fit behind me when my seat is all the way back. That puts the car at an A for driver and passenger comfort. Also, when you are in the Tiguan, you absolutely know that you are driving a European auto...the way it handles, the solid build quality all around, and the feel of complete control over the road. Overall, VW put a huge emphasis on attention to detail with this vehicle; every function is useful and well thought out. Great interior!

best in class of small SUV's
By docbeaumont on 12/30/10 21:27 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

my not so old explorer died suddenly and we had no option than getting a new car. contrary to their ad, fords escape was a bare bone for 400 lease, plus "some other"....rav 4 is nice but quite "wild" and my wife got scared to drive it...nice car if you are into something with bigger trunk. by chance we got to service our jetta and while waiting i have discussed with the sales person....again true as advertised, sam e as 3 years ago with our jetta. they matched toyota price of a car that is immensly more mature and settled. it is a joy to drive it and the satndard looks like an audi class....driving is unbelieveble, you can turn it almost on the spot, sprints into hwy fabulous. benchmark SUV

Safest car you can buy
By Paul on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is actually the second Tiguan we've bought in 4 months. The first was totaled with a head on 45 mph crash with a vehicle twice its size. We survived because the crash cage is 3.9 times that of the federal safety standards according to the police officer. Hence when it came to a replacement, it was this, the Volvo XC60 (or if we could wait for it Saab 94X). We chose the Tiguan as its more fun to drive than the XC60, has a nice interior, and although the ride can be firm (along with the seats). It eats through the miles quickly. The interior is slightly different to the 2010 model. I prefer the old steering wheel controls and stick shift, but ipod/phone integration is a lot better.

Excellent Choice
By M Webber on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

have about 1200 miles on the Tiguan so far. i looked at CRV, RAV4 as well before buying. the RAV was too "loose" in driving, and the honda was nice, but the Tiguan is a lot more fun, and tigher (great german engineering )to drive. Dealership was amazingly easy to deal with in Belleve WA.

Great SUV
By joefrank64k on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

I was looking to downsize from my Audi Q7, but I really grew to dislike the MMI interface for the radio/nav, so that ruled out the Q5 as well as the BMW X3, with it's similar iDrive interface. I saw the Tiguan at the LA Auto Show last year and really liked the interior, both the layout and touchscreen nav. I had heard that the 2011 was going to have some updated features so I waited, and I am so glad that I did! I love this SUV...roomy, quiet, great tech that's so much easier to use than the Q7, the interior build quality is easily on-par with Audi.

3 Tiggs
By VW4ever on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have had an 09,10, and 11, Fantastic car. Very Sharp, Sporty and Comfy. Hard to find one but its early in the model year. I think it has finally caught on that it is an awsome vehicle. Did marvelous in last yrs blizzard. Its really not that bad on gas when you consider the power it has! Buy one you want regret it!

Love the Tiguan
By Hectares on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I just got mine, but I was sold 10 minutes into the test drive. It accelerates nicely with minimal turbo lag, handles well on curves, and is very comfortable to sit in.

It is spacious inside!
By Anna on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

For a long time, I didn't think this car would offer enough space, so I didn't bother to look at it. I considered Subaru Outback, Volvo, and simply did not bother to check what this car has to offer. Turned out, it was just what I needed! Rear seats slide forward to offer more cargo space, the leatherette trim is easy to clean and didn't cost any extra (for 2011 model), the AWD is just fantastic. The car drives like butter, and is quiet. My previous Jetta was just the opposite. Lots of annoying, unnecessary beeping sounds. The Tiguan is smarter, it knows not to beep when I unbuckle on a parking lot! And for all the moms out there - there is plenty of space

Six letters....DSG & TDI
By Rickallen on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I was initially impressed with the amount of room in this car. I'm 6'4" and to have the driver's seat comfortable and be able to tolerate sitting behind myself is rare. Drawbacks: One, this car needs a DSG transmission. The 6-speed auto feels elastic and "gummy". Getting back in my Jetta TDI with DSG felt like night and day. Two, the TDI engine would be the perfect combination of torque and efficiency for this size, yet it's not available. With DSG and TDI combined this would be an amazing vehicle, yet VW won't sell it here. A real shame because without those the car is mediocre. I'll gladly pay the cost diff to have them. Listening, VW?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Tiguan in VA is:

$132 per month*