2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: IML8 IML8 2009

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit - Consumer Review

S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

IML8 IML8 2009
By Pat on

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I traded in a 2001 Outback and was afraid the Rabbit would feel so much smaller-- it's not at all. The mpg is better than the Outback, even with 1 more cylinder. I was expecting entry level features and was surprised by the thought that was put into the design. I drive out to the mountains a lot and am pleasantly surprised at how my bunny scampers up a steep grade. I had a Rabbit diesel in the 80s and am so glad I thought to try a Rabbit again. I couldn't be more pleased.

This bunny hops! The Rabbit is so much fun to drive. I hadn't driven a stick shift in 11 years, but am having a ball driving this car. Even though it's a small car, it feels big inside. My golden retriever can sleep in the back without laying the back seat down. I LOVE this car.

The blind spot is annoying, but I'm getting used to it. The button to turn the cruise off is oddly placed, but it's not too bad. Having a few more mpg would have been nice, but I wouldn't want to trade power for mpg.