Wish I had stepped up to a GTI
By jordan23 on
2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
In general, I'm pretty happy with this car. I had a problem with a rattle at the top of the dash, but the dealership fixed it without charge. Quite a bit of tire noise-probably the 17" wheels. The door mirrors are quite small so you have to adjust them perfectly-used to hate this but not anymore. No reliability issues at all. Handling is very solid-buckled down generally, but a bump in a turn will upset the chassis. Great safety with all the airbags and traction/stability. The cabin feels very open with high roofline-very nice visibility. Comfortable even for the long haul. Generally a joy to drive. At this price point the Rabbit can't be beat. Would like power/DSG/handling of a GTI though
Favorite Features
The ergonomics are top notch. The layout of the controls is very intuitive. Feels very solid - both handling and build wise. Has a lot of storage room - fold down the back seats and be amazed. Nice to be able to shift semi-manually to get best performance and mileage. Aux jack is amazing...love it!
Suggested Improvements
Wish steering wheel would telescope out more-I have long legs so to get the wheel where I like it means cramping my legs. Want rev-matching on Tiptronic and for it not to up/down shift automatically even in manual mode. For size and power, the gas mileage is bad-I get 23mpg combined without AC on.