2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:
ROCKS!
By Kuya on 04/07/09 10:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I do not know why this people are saying bad thinks about this car!!! i was reading the reviews and ohh man.. i have never seen anything like that on my car. Good Performance, the Torque is great for this car. It handles pretty good. not problems with this car at all. Also, the oil change, you can do it in several places, like Goodyear, good people, good price for a synthetic oil. the brakes are really good, it could be better, but i cant complain. even i have driven my Stock Rabbit into a track race and it performs really good in corners. If you really take care of your car, and drive it responsible, you will receive response back from it!!! Love it!

what a rabbit
By Wen on 03/26/09 07:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Got this car 2 yrs. ago, now it's got 26,000 miles on it. It has been a great a little car, there are not problem so far, it gets 28 mpg on a 50 hwy & 50 city. Do my own oil change at every 5000 miles to save money. This car gets up and go love it.

Killer Rabbit
By Sam on 02/01/09 05:36 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have 58,000 miles on my 07 Rabbit and I have not had to make a single repair. For its size, the car rides well. Engine noise is noticeable and often enjoyable. I find the 6 speed automatic quite smooth. No problems with brakes, bass flare, weird electronics or any of the stuff I read here. I have a 48 inch rack and put 4 kayaks on it! What a car!

DISSAPPOINTED
By BUNNY on 01/09/09 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I loved this car... Now I just can't wait to give it back! Seems like the problems just get worse. Air bag light is always on ... Got tired of getting it fixed. Electric Windows seem to have a mind of their own. Then the wipers, lets just say I had to change the motor. Now I have a epc starting problems... That no one seems to be able to figure it out. After reading all these reviews has me worrying able my brake pads... I guess it will never end until I get rid of this car :(

Great until something happens
By Marissa on 11/26/08 15:19 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have had my Rabbit for 2 years and have loved driving it. The problem with this car is that, when something happens to it (or even when you need an oil change), you'll be put in the poor house. Beware, the Rabbit is very high-maintenance and pricey once off-the-lot. I was lightly rear-ended, small dent: $900. I drove a dirt road leading to a mountain hiking trail and hit a bump, transmission needs to be replaced: $7000. Even an oil change: $90. I will be saving the $7000 needed to put in a new transmission and choosing a reliable, low-maintenance Japanese car, like I had before.

Good Car several problems
By Sean Hunt on 11/19/08 11:54 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Like most VW's the handling and feel is great. It is a heavy car with a large 5cyl engine. It is a loud engine and the Transmission is not properly tuned for the engine. We had the premium sound system that had the base flare problem...i found a service bulletin on the internet and contacted the dealership and they fixed it under the warranty. The transmission does not downshift until it is almost at a stop. So when the car is going 30mph its still in 5th or 6th gear. And it starts sputtering a bit. Also the tiptronic manual shift has a loss of RPM for a moment in second gear after the shift. And we are noticing a slip and clunk shifting move. I think VW will find a problem soon.

fun but flawed
By cpo on 11/18/08 11:22 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My 07 Rabbit is a great car, very fun to drive and handles well. My MAJOR complaint is the brake system wears out the rear brake pads in record time. This seems to be a design flaw, based on my research. My rear brake pads are completely gone after 21,000 miles.

fantastic car
By radouane on 10/19/08 23:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

It's a lovely car. I had one for the past 2 years and I can't say anything disappointing about it. Very fun to drive. I love the interior, especially the at night when I turn on the lights and see the blue and red well designed dashboard. I think it's the best in its class!

I beat VW in court!
By kill the rabbit on 09/18/08 20:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The first week I got the car, it was in the shop 2 times. The radio never worked, widows always dysfunctional. The brakes were going to kill me. AC never got cold. The hatch back broke 2 times. No one can change the oil but the dealership. The back brakes wore out before 30k miles. Things randomly broke in the car. For example, the sun glass holder broke, I forgot it was there until it fell down. It was INSANE! VW kept telling me that I did not know how to use their "special" brakes. I almost got into 2 accidents because my car decided to drive off the road during braking. In the End, VW stormed out of the court room and I am buying a Honda. I had a Golf for 2 years, loved it

V-Dubbin in my Rabbit
By Atomicbri on 08/21/08 05:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Ok I love this car! There is no doubt about it! It drives and handles excellently. I have the auto box and it is excellent. All around this is a great car for the money. I see a lot of owners here saying they are not as happy w/ the mpg and while it is a bit lower, I will take the fun to drive factor any day! I get about 30 on hwy and overall I have averaged about 27 total w/ mixed driving. Overall have never been to the dealership except for maintenance. My dealership is pretty friendly I live in Chattanooga where the new VW plant is being built and so the dealership there just got rebuilt and is top notch!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.