2013 Volkswagen Passat 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual w/Sunroof Consumer Review - my 4th TDI...LOVE IT.

2013 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

TDI SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual w/Sunroof)

my 4th TDI...LOVE IT.
By chimayred on

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

i'm not a gear head but i like cars. I've owned a Lexus LX470, 330, AUdi TT, Dodge Stealth, Dodge Durango, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Mercedes C260, couple of Jeep Grand Cherokees, 2 Jetta TDI's and a 2006 Passat TDI. I absolutely love it. Drives great, use it without snow tires in Maine winter, drive 35000 miles a year, getting 49mpg highway regularly, looks great, great fit and finish, great sound system. I've already put 70,000 miles on it (65,000 miles on original equipment Continental all seasons). I drove this entire horrible Maine winter with those tires and 50,000 miles on them. This is easily better built than my wife's Mercede's C 260 (so much so that she wants one).

Favorite Features

ride, power, mileage, comfort reliability, sunroof, value, seat room.

Suggested Improvements

cheaper regular maintenance. I go through 3-4 regularly scheduled every 10,000 miles maintenance a year the way I drive and the maintenance can be expensive. If you drive less it will be spread out over a few years...for me, it is a bit much but my VW dealer usually gives me a bit of a break. I'd also replace the hinges on the trunk lid with hydraulics like in the prior VW's.