2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Best Car I have ever owned

2013 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

TDI SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Manual)

Best Car I have ever owned
By nfarb on

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This is a spacious, perhaps bit too large, wonderful to drive cruising car. The mpg is remarkable given it size, and the 6 speed is smooth and fun, fuel efficient and serves to keep me alert and paying attention to driving. I owned a 2011 TDi sport wagon and loved it but thought because i often drive long distances I would enjoy a bit bigger car. This 111 wheelbase is maybe a touch more that I wanted but I get out of it after 500 miles and feel great and not cramped like i would at the end of a long ride in a smaller car. I am 6' and 70+ years old

MPG,The build and the many comfortable driving positions. Practicality of the excellent imitation leather seating. The enormous amount of space to cary stuff. The big rear seating room should I have a passenger or two on a long haul.

I would love a sunroof, especially a nice large one like on my 2011 VW Sportwagon. They ought to put in the connectivity for an iPad for a few dollars more and i would love a rear camera for backing up. This is a bigger car than I am used to driving and I have already more than touched a brick wall with the rear bumper. It almost made me cry cause my car was only 2 weeks old.